• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

OK Who ran out of electrons

N2STY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Screenshot_20220525_220749.jpg

Luckily, if we see another EV with a flat battery on the side of the road then the new MG ZS EV provides V2L allowing an emergency charge of the flat battery in the other car using a granny cable and V2L adapter :)

Luckily, if we see another EV with a flat battery on the side of the road then the new MG ZS EV provides V2L allowing an emergency charge of the flat battery in the other car using a granny cable and V2L adapter :)
40 meters of driving would take an hour to put on via V2L :)

Is it not possible to get the car into "neutral" and push it the last 40 meters. :)

In 2018, the Highways Department reported that 1,500 vehicles ran out of fuel on the motorway network. Each one of these would be looking at expensive recovery fees, a fine, and 3 point on their license. I couldn't find ANY reports of an EV running out of electrons on the motorway. :)

Was it 40 metres only? I assumed 40 miles, and I wondered where the incident was that didn’t have any charging facilities nearby!!

In 2018, the Highways Department reported that 1,500 vehicles ran out of fuel on the motorway network. Each one of these would be looking at expensive recovery fees, a fine, and 3 point on their license. I couldn't find ANY reports of an EV running out of electrons on the motorway. :)
In 2018 there were only 6 EVs on the road at any one time :)

Seeing how anxious I get when I get down to 50 miles left on the GOM, I somehow don't think this will happen to me. :LOL:
Driving Rush Hour GIF
Not to mention the car keeps "screaming" at you to "Recharge as soon as possible"

I have had mine down to 8% and it started when i got below 20%, warning me that the battery was VERY low, and to consider recharging.

I was even using the navi, and it was set to a specific charger well within range. A little bit of intelligence in the system would have put 2 and 2 together and said "Ok, he is going there, there is range to get there, maybe i should stop the insistent warnings over and over" :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom