• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Optional alloys

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just taken my car back to the dealers to have the alloys fitted that were on back order
Now I just need to get a set of 4 TPMS and a set of winter tyres for the original alloys.
DF77970D-8A3B-4282-A9DF-5FB8F1416D2A.jpeg

FBC66578-3F87-4601-A059-E54E6B182461.jpeg60E40D7C-780F-439E-A228-FB45950592F6.jpeg
also added a before pic

Can I just ask, when buying the different alloys direct from MG, do you get to keep the old ones and they just swap the tyres over etc.?

Andy

Can I just ask, when buying the different alloys direct from MG, do you get to keep the old ones and they just swap the tyres over etc.?

Andy
I have them boxed in the garage. I got the tyre guy at work to change mine including the tpms valves. Make sure they stay in the correct corner. I'm sure the dealer can swap them to but ask around some tyre places to see how prices compare.

As I ordered mine with the car ( got a decent discount!) but they weren’t in stock, so had to wait 2 weeks.
So the dealer fitted them, but I had to politely ask for the originals when I picked up the car up! As they forgot to put them in the car! Yeah likely story!
Also make sure the centre badges are the correct ones as I’ve got the original alloys badges on ( still need to sort!)
If you are paying for new alloys to replace the originals that are already fitted to the car that you purchased, the originals are your alloys!
So take them home with you!
Just make sure they swap out the TPMS sensors correctly and carefully!

As I ordered mine with the car ( got a decent discount!) but they weren’t in stock, so had to wait 2 weeks.
So the dealer fitted them, but I had to politely ask for the originals when I picked up the car up! As they forgot to put them in the car! Yeah likely story!
Also make sure the centre badges are the correct ones as I’ve got the original alloys badges on ( still need to sort!)
If you are paying for new alloys to replace the originals that are already fitted to the car that you purchased, the originals are your alloys!
So take them home with you!
Just make sure they swap out the TPMS sensors correctly and carefully!
If you manage to get the correct part number for the black center caps, or find somewhere to get them, please let us all know as I still have the alloy ones on as well.

No wheels listed at present . Only space saver kit. What has happened to all the accessories like dog guards etc?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom