order update any info

wedding1944

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
newbie just ordered zs trophy beginning of may 2022 on Motability and mg had just stopped new orders going in from dealers so just waiting but present Motability car still as new even after 4 years so no hurry reading forum got to know quite a great deal before it even gets with me keep up the good work

Like yourself, I ordered MG ZS EV Trophy through Motability. I ordered back in January when they were offering Long range version. Present car is a Peugeot 3008 which Motability have said I can keep until new car arrives. Peugeot Auto gearbox has become a bit clunky so am a bit concerned because it is out of warranty so don’t want Motability have to spend a fortune now it is out of warranty.
I was originally told delivery in May. The last I saw was delivery was September a few weeks ago - expect it is October now.
It appears that long range ZS EV is longer delivery than Short range?
From what I understand all of a sudden the dealer will call to say it has arrived. Before this happens it is not really possible to chase - it is just pot luck.

present motability car also Peugeot 3008 4 year old only done 10500 miles be a good buy for Some one when it goes back have you had a charger installed by motability at moment ours is in process getting a 100amp up date to main input then charger can be installed

Funnily enough I got a ohme Pro installed by motability with a 60amp fuse and a looped service in January then a 80amp upgrade 1 week later and on the 17th next month I get de-looped and a 100amp

Last edited by a moderator:
present motability car also Peugeot 3008 4 year old only done 10500 miles be a good buy for Some one when it goes back have you had a charger installed by motability at moment ours is in process getting a 100amp up date to main input then charger can be installed
Hi, after a lot of effort, fitting of an isolator and waiting for a load test we now have just got approval to fit the charging unit. We already had 100A supply but process has been a bit of a slog chasing everyone. We are now just waiting for BP Pulse to advise installation date. Has taken almost 5 months so far.

i know in electrical cabinet on wall there is no isolation switch my son tells me its not legal to not have one our house was built in the 80s ex council so it looks like that could delay installation but as there is no sign of new car at moment but could always charge from 3 pin if car suddenly arrived

i know in electrical cabinet on wall there is no isolation switch my son tells me its not legal to not have one our house was built in the 80s ex council so it looks like that could delay installation but as there is no sign of new car at moment but could always charge from 3 pin if car suddenly arrived
Hi, I am no electrician but fitting of the isolator was not too bad. We had an old meter and was informed by Eon (our electricity supplier) that the meter needed changing. They came and installed a new smart meter and also fitted the dual pole 100A isolator between the meter and our fuse box. This is so when BP Pulse turn up to install they do not need to get approval to pull the main fuse. Apparently they are now installing a new type of charging unit that looks at the electric demand and reduces the charging output. This could possibly work for you if you only have 60A?

Hi, I am no electrician but fitting of the isolator was not too bad. We had an old meter and was informed by Eon (our electricity supplier) that the meter needed changing. They came and installed a new smart meter and also fitted the dual pole 100A isolator between the meter and our fuse box. This is so when BP Pulse turn up to install they do not need to get approval to pull the main fuse. Apparently they are now installing a new type of charging unit that looks at the electric demand and reduces the charging output. This could possibly work for you if you only have 60A?
Similar situation, our 80's built home had no isolator, elec supplier installed at reasonable cost, then had EV charging point installed - was all relatively easy - now just waiting for the car!

Like yourself, I ordered MG ZS EV Trophy through Motability. I ordered back in January when they were offering Long range version. Present car is a Peugeot 3008 which Motability have said I can keep until new car arrives. Peugeot Auto gearbox has become a bit clunky so am a bit concerned because it is out of warranty so don’t want Motability have to spend a fortune now it is out of warranty.
I was originally told delivery in May. The last I saw was delivery was September a few weeks ago - expect it is October now.
It appears that long range ZS EV is longer delivery than Short range?
From what I understand all of a sudden the dealer will call to say it has arrived. Before this happens it is not really possible to chase - it is just pot luck.
Hi JSAND59, there’s quite a few of us out there,still waiting from Nov 21 for the ZSEV LR to be delivered, mobility and not mobility.

Mind was ordered on the 12th. November, one of the first at our local MG dealer, delivery just keeps going back, lets hope they will still keep the agreed purchase price

Same here November last year but due to Covid and lack of use of the Motability previous car I handed my car back at the end of three years so stuck without a car, Dealer happy to rent me a car but their costs are too rich for me. Back to Public transport which is literally a pain.......until I get my call/car. From what I've gleaned MG can use the same amount of chips used in the Trophy Connect EV to put together two normal MGs so they can make two sales, this is making me wonder if they are hoping we just give up waiting for the cars on order as they are gaining financially by being able to sell two vehicles and at the same time they have had at least three price increases which they will honour our original order price, but am seriously beginning to wonder if the increased costs to MG are leading to them prioritising Customers to save paying out on long range orders. Today 4th June 2022 I've also read that the chips supply are nearly back to normal supply so why are we still being told that the cars we ordered in November and are probably slowly rusting in a Manufacturing storage car park in China?
I had roof solar system fitted last November so paid quite a bit extra for a Zappi to be fitted as there are a shortage of publicly available chargers where I live. Must admit I also ordered a Tesla wall battery at the same time which is also waiting on chips apparently so whilst I 100% believe in having ELECTRIC car the whole process is both very expensive and riddled with problems, I've even tried looking for a second hand EV as a stopgap but wow factor in those prices. First world problems I know but am currently looking for an old ice vehicle to convert but once you do a cost analysis and then trying to get it re-registered makes me think that maybe an ELECTRIC bicycle is what I can get but with my disabilities I'd probably fall off, apologies for the long diatribe but just letting the site know my situation as I think that it is good to talk and not keep the frustrating process bottles up......

Similar situation, our 80's built home had no isolator, elec supplier installed at reasonable cost, then had EV charging point installed - was all relatively easy - now just waiting for the car!
MG Pulse just called today. Their installation team are coming to the Isle of Wight next Monday to install the charger. Will then be in the same position as you - just waiting for a car to plug into it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom