Overtaking lights not extinguishing

Philekent

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We’ve had our new ZS EV LR for 3 days and driving through the rain on the motorway suddenly the yellow lights on both left and right mirrors came on and stayed on
derrrrr ?

is it a damp problem somewhere ?
all suggestions - apart from thumping the mirrors - gratefully receive.

Phil

Are you talking about the indicator repeats?
I think they're talking about blind spot detection in the glass I have never had any problems with them
You could try the battery disconnect?

I think they're talking about blind spot detection in the glass I have never had any problems with them
You could try the battery disconnect?
Yes I wondered about trying a disconnect, but wasn’t sure what this could also affect - !

Yes I wondered about trying a disconnect, but wasn’t sure what this could also affect - !
Quite a few people have done it with no adverse effects but it's helped fix problems you may lose tpms untill you drive again about 10 mins is suggested disconnect time

I've also had this a couple of time during long (>3 hr) drives. Turning the car off and back on again resets mine. It's annoying at night time to have the 2 yellow lights on the wing mirrors but not so annoying when daylight. The first time it was raining and the 2nd time it was dry.

Had the same thing happen on our car after driving home on collection day.
Both orange lights came on and would NOT go out !.
Stopped for a spot of lunch, parked up and locked the car.
Returned about 40 minutes later, all was fine.
That was in March 2022 never done it again ( now March 2023 ).

Last edited:
I find on my Renault Captur that the "Blind Spot Detection" sometimes detects road spray on very wet roads. Maybe this could be the cause of your problem ?

Quite a few people have done it with no adverse effects but it's helped fix problems you may lose tpms untill you drive again about 10 mins is suggested disconnect time
Ok, thanks, Ill try a Factory Reset first, then I’ll dig out a spanner and uncouple the battery .

So, I have only had my car for under a week, I have had no problems with the blind spot detection. However, I can see that rain and other things like road dirt could easily affect the cameras used for this. When I read about the operation of these tools I knew I would have to occasionally check and clean the detectors. Indeed there was some mud splashing on the car when it was delivered because most of the cars were parked on an open air dockside carpark for some time I suspect. They have to be driven occasionally I guess to reorder the stock and keep the batteries working. Mine had a small milage on the clock, nothing to worry me, but unfortunately we live in a wet and muddy country. So I will check all my sensors regularly.

Anyway I hope your issue has now been resolved.

So, I have only had my car for under a week, I have had no problems with the blind spot detection. However, I can see that rain and other things like road dirt could easily affect the cameras used for this. When I read about the operation of these tools I knew I would have to occasionally check and clean the detectors. Indeed there was some mud splashing on the car when it was delivered because most of the cars were parked on an open air dockside carpark for some time I suspect. They have to be driven occasionally I guess to reorder the stock and keep the batteries working. Mine had a small milage on the clock, nothing to worry me, but unfortunately we live in a wet and muddy country. So I will check all my sensors regularly.

Anyway I hope your issue has now been resolved.

The sensors for the blind spot detection are radar (or similar) not cameras. There are 2 at the rear hidden behind the bumper, roughly below the lights

Interesting to know Striker. I wonder if the radar can be affected by dirt etc? I believe that the front radar? can be affected by heavy rain from other posts across the forum. With a little more experience I guess we will see, but fortunstely its worked fine for me every journey. Love the driving so far.⚡

Interesting to know Striker. I wonder if the radar can be affected by dirt etc? I believe that the front radar? can be affected by heavy rain from other posts across the forum. With a little more experience I guess we will see, but fortunstely its worked fine for me every journey. Love the driving so far.⚡
I'm not sure, I think that the front radar does also use a combination windscreen camera in some circumstances. Certainly some of the error messages are when the windscreen camera is fogged or iced up

Had this issue today. On the way to work both blind spot lights in mirrors illuminated and stayed on.
Stopped. Motor off and on. Blindspot warning lights still on. Motor off, close the car, open, motor on. No change.

Came back to it after an hour, switched the car on, warning lights stayed off. Seems to be fixed. For now. Weird....

Had this issue today. On the way to work both blind spot lights in mirrors illuminated and stayed on.
Stopped. Motor off and on. Blindspot warning lights still on. Motor off, close the car, open, motor on. No change.

Came back to it after an hour, switched the car on, warning lights stayed off. Seems to be fixed. For now. Weird....
Had this happen in collection day of our ZS EV LR !.
Both warning ⚠️ lights stuck on and would not turn off !.
Stopped for some lunch, returned about 45 minutes later and all was okay.
Never done it again since ?.
Software glitch I guess.

I’ve had this a few times and normally is sorted before I can get it to MG where of course they find nothing wrong with it lol

Recently I was driving on a motorway with three lanes of stop start traffic for about 40 minutes. When I got off the motorway into faster traffic I noticed that my blind spot detection warning lights stayed on. Next day when I started the car they were back to normal. (ZS LR 2023) This has happened twice so I assume it's the sensor or software can't deal with constant use as there was a car in both blind spots continuously for some time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom