• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

OVO good News 10p anytime

N2STY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
OVO anytime 10pkw charging 24\7 is now available to anyone with OVO now including new customers
You previously had to have OVO drive to qualify but now open to everyone
OVO have no tariffs deals right now just variable but you can still at anytime charging for free
MG is not compatible but some chargers are like ohme are

This is the new link where you don't need drive tariff anymore
Screenshot_20230302-133849.png
Screenshot_20230302-133753.png

Last edited:
This is great for the people who have compatible chargers but MG are not on the list for compatible cars? Do we know what the normal and day rates are for elec and gas?

This is great for the people who have compatible chargers but MG are not on the list for compatible cars? Do we know what the normal and day rates are for elec and gas?
Yes it's all at government fixed right now at capped rate

That's a good tariff. daytime rate and standing charge less than Octopus Go. If I had a compatible charger or car Octopus Go would be gone. :)

I'm still on 7.5p Go but will certainly be looking round when the tariff renews (June I think). I was thinking Intelligent Octopus would be the way to go but there are so many others offering cheap deals now.

Remember it’s smart charging, so it usually charges overnight - you have to schedule it. I’ve tried in the day but it doesn’t have it. I wouldn’t describe it as ‘24/7’ but it’s a great rate at 10p! 👌🏻

Remember it’s smart charging, so it usually charges overnight - you have to schedule it. I’ve tried in the day but it doesn’t have it. I wouldn’t describe it as ‘24/7’ but it’s a great rate at 10p! 👌🏻
Why do you say "usually"?

When you say you've tried in the day but it won't have it - does that mean you can't charge even at full unit price? - like if you really needed to?

TIA

Trust me I can charge 24\7 at 10p I've been doing it the last year for 5p some times there's a 10 min delay or if grid is busy it can slow down for a bit only if there is time on the schedule but if you set schedule a bit short it's still smart chargers but at max power
For example
Screenshot_20230306-092225.png

That's with schedule set at
Screenshot_20230306-092705.png

Last edited:
If you I wonder how it works I get charged full rate for charging here is January
Screenshot_20230306-131901.png

So 600kwh for £173 then I get a refund £151
Screenshot_20230306-131806.png

So now the whole of January has cost me £22 for 600kwh that's between 1600 to 2000 miles easily

Last edited:
Trust me I can charge 24\7 at 10p I've been doing it the last year for 5p some times there's a 10 min delay or if grid is busy it can slow down for a bit only if there is time on the schedule but if you set schedule a bit short it's still smart chargers but at max power
For example
View attachment 15677
That's with schedule set at
View attachment 15678
That’s is great news. My Ohme never ever is happy with doing scheduled charging during the day.

That’s is great news. My Ohme never ever is happy with doing scheduled charging during the day.
Trick is to lie to it just set to 90% and end time say 14h a head or even 10h charger thinks it's got that time to add 90% but in reality you probably only need 30% or the other trick is just give your self 1h set at 30% when you plug charger in I will message you you if the car is scheduled charging but it will not be ended in time and it automatically changes the end time as long as it's scheduled i.e. charging of a green light or paused with a blue light it's 10 p if it's a red light it's full price

Trick is to lie to it just set to 90% and end time say 14h a head or even 10h charger thinks it's got that time to add 90% but in reality you probably only need 30% or the other trick is just give your self 1h set at 30% when you plug charger in I will message you you if the car is scheduled charging but it will not be ended in time and it automatically changes the end time as long as it's scheduled i.e. charging of a green light or paused with a blue light it's 10 p if it's a red light it's full price
Whoosh!

So I can see some advantages and disadvantages to this rate.

Pro
Being able to charge at any time.
probs good for those with massive car batteries 😁
Great for people working over night shifts.

Cons
Can’t use electricity for anything else

For me I don’t see the advantage as I’m home in the evenings and 6 hours is more than enough for my MG5.

Plus I’ve saved about £30 doing things like the dish washer, dryer and mashing machine after 1130pm.

Am I missing something here?

Pro

Cons

For me I don’t see the advantage as I’m home in the evenings and 6 hours is more than enough for my MG5.

Plus I’ve saved about £30 doing things like the dish washer, dryer and mashing machine after 1130pm.

Washing machine? 😄

I think you'll find octopus will be going down this route as well they have already done a deal with ohme
No one tariffs fits all

Last edited:
Probably make them some money from those of us running other things in the ev charging window 😊

Pro

Cons

From what I can see the daytime rate is the difference, 41p (ish) for Octopus on Go and 34p for OVO.

I wish I had an Ohme. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom