• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Parcel shelf grommet sheared off

shikoku14

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Hi all,

Just a word of warning / wondering if anyone else has experienced this. One of my parcel shelf grommets that the cord loops over sheared off (and I'm assuming the rear anchor point is floating around in the void of the boot door), the parcel shelf wasn't under load underneath it, I did have a few cardboard boxes in, but they were below the height of where the shelf comes down.

IMG_3194[1].JPG
IMG_3193[1].JPG

Contacted my dealer as I'm surprised it failed in under a month. Having done a bit of googling this is what they are supposed to look like Genuine MGZS 2015 AND MG3 18 - PAIR OF PARCEL SHELF CORD CLIPS | eBay

UPDATE: Dealer just called me back and are putting a pair in the post for me, so I'll have a spare.

Andy.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all,

Just a word of warning / wondering if anyone else has experienced this. One of my parcel shelf grommets that the cord loops over sheared off (and I'm assuming the rear anchor point is floating around in the void of the boot door), the parcel shelf wasn't under load underneath it, I did have a few cardboard boxes in, but they were below the height of where the shelf comes down.

View attachment 628
View attachment 627

Contacted my dealer as I'm surprised it failed in under a month. Having done a bit of googling this is what they are supposed to look like Genuine MGZS 2015 AND MG3 18 - PAIR OF PARCEL SHELF CORD CLIPS | eBay

UPDATE: Dealer just called me back and are putting a pair in the post for me, so I'll have a spare.

Andy.
I had one of the silver bits underneath the shelf go, but that was my fault...

Hi all,

View attachment 628
View attachment 627

Andy.
Excellent dealer: Now if all dealers could do this it would help cope with minor defects: mine broke after 4 weeks. I blame it on the very tight hinge clasps which don't always click down when reseating the boot lid. My dealer near Gatwick ignored my request for replacement clips.

That's the item number, copy and paste it into eBay and it will come straight up 👍🏻

Ignore above they are lining clips
This is correct one but more expensive £9.99 + 1.59 postage
Genuine MG ZS 2017- MG3 18- PAIR OF PARCEL SHELF CORD CLIPS

The ones I posted above fit perfectly, they're better built (they have 4 supports instead of 2) so they won't break anytime soon.

Hi all,

View attachment 628
View attachment 627

Andy.
Apparently this is quite a common occurrence - the oem clip is a poor quality item.

The ones I posted above fit perfectly, they're better built (they have 4 supports instead of 2) so they won't break anytime soon.
Thanks. These worked a charm... Although it takes a fair whack from something hard to get them in. I wouldn't recommend using your bare hands/fingers.

Fitted those eBay generic ones to mine too. Agree it takes a fair bit of force to get it in - I tapped it with a rubber mallet although I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that 😂

They do work perfectly fine even though they’re slightly smaller on the face where the string goes.

Yeah I don't think they'll ever break or fall out 😂
I just don’t understand how MG got it so wrong when these are a cheap copy of clips used by VW (afaik) yet feel so solid.

The hilarity of that is that their parent company, SAIC actually could have its hand in the VAG parts bin as they make VW/Audis in China 🙄
They do very much have their hand in the vag parts bin. Look at steering wheel, switch gear, vents, sunroof, handles…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom