MG ZS EV Parcel shelf grommet sheared off

The steering wheel is identical to a MK7 GTD
lol! This old chestnut again...It's not at all, it resembles it, a little bit.

The common myth that the ZS is using lots of VAG parts is incorrect, whereas some of the parts do look quite similar, none are actually VAG.

Here's the wheels for reference:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I got my Golfs mixed up - it's the Mk6 wheel that's an almost replica. I'm pretty sure I've read in one of my magazines (might have been CAR or Top Gear) it has a Golf steering wheel.
Maybe it's just a very good replica (VW should definitely sue for copyright infringement)
There are so many parts on the car that look like they "pay homage" to other cars parts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-021330.png
    Screenshot_20210731-021330.png
    901.5 KB · Views: 146
I got my Golfs mixed up - it's the Mk6 wheel that's an almost replica. I'm pretty sure I've read in one of my magazines (might have been CAR or Top Gear) it has a Golf steering wheel.
Maybe it's just a very good replica (VW should definitely sue for copyright infringement)
There are so many parts on the car that look like they "pay homage" to other cars parts.
Yeah - Some slightly “Tweak’s” to a lot of the items to avoid the copyright law’s.
Mind you, they are good at copying most things as we know !.
I have owned a few VAG group cars in the past and the resemblance to some of the parts is one of the first thing I noticed on the ZS EV when first seen it.
As soon as I opened the drivers door, I started picking out the bits that I could recognise as “Close To” VAG items.
Just to name a few, electric window switch’s, interior door release handle’s, steering wheel design and shape, circular air vents and of course the rebranded MG chrome lift up boot release badge etc.
A good exercise in pinching other people’s ideas 💡 I guess !.
The VAG group would have spent a lot of R&D time on designing all of these items, to have them “Tweaked” by somebody else.
Mind you, this type of practice is not uncommon in a LOT of cars today.
Tesla uses the steering column switches from Merc in there cars I believe.
It’s all going on 🤣.

That wheel's certainly closer in looks to the ZS. There is certainly, shall we say, VAG influence going on with a lot of the interior. Hardly surprising really as SAIC build for VW group.

Yeah - Some slightly “Tweak’s” to a lot of the items to avoid the copyright law’s.
Mind you, they are good at copying most things as we know !.
I have owned a few VAG group cars in the past and the resemblance to some of the parts is one of the first thing I noticed on the ZS EV when first seen it.
As soon as I opened the drivers door, I started picking out the bits that I could recognise as “Close To” VAG items.
Just to name a few, electric window switch’s, interior door release handle’s, steering wheel design and shape, circular air vents and of course the rebranded MG chrome lift up boot release badge etc.
A good exercise in pinching other people’s ideas 💡 I guess !.
The VAG group would have spent a lot of R&D time on designing all of these items, to have them “Tweaked” by somebody else.
Mind you, this type of practice is not uncommon in a LOT of cars today.
Tesla uses the steering column switches from Merc in there cars I believe.
It’s all going on 🤣.
Whereas the latest Model S&X don't, the last models did use Mercedes switchgear for the indicators, drive selector, & window switch panels in the doors.

Hi all,

Just a word of warning / wondering if anyone else has experienced this. One of my parcel shelf grommets that the cord loops over sheared off (and I'm assuming the rear anchor point is floating around in the void of the boot door), the parcel shelf wasn't under load underneath it, I did have a few cardboard boxes in, but they were below the height of where the shelf comes down.

View attachment 628
View attachment 627

Contacted my dealer as I'm surprised it failed in under a month. Having done a bit of googling this is what they are supposed to look like Genuine MGZS 2015 AND MG3 18 - PAIR OF PARCEL SHELF CORD CLIPS | eBay

UPDATE: Dealer just called me back and are putting a pair in the post for me, so I'll have a spare.

Andy.
Haha I was told they had to replace the whole parcel shelf !!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Haha I was told they had to replace the whole parcel shelf !!!!
Luckily I found the metal bit the clamped it back with some pliers and some super glue. Then the funniest thing happened a few weeks later. The bit that stays in the car sheered off when opening the boot 🤣🤣🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom