• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Pentraeth MG - no longer an MG dealer

Called into Pentraeth MG yesterday to see when my MG5 LR might be coming- seems the build is scheduled and there's an outside chance I'll see it before Christmas.....

But, while I was there I took this photo of what Pentraeth Motors are up to & getting ready for the EV revolution!

Before, there was just a couple of 7kW chargers.
IMG_1444.JPG

Called into Pentraeth MG yesterday to see when my MG5 LR might be coming- seems the build is scheduled and there's an outside chance I'll see it before Christmas.....

But, while I was there I took this photo of what Pentraeth Motors are up to & getting ready for the EV revolution!

Before, there was just a couple of 7kW chargers.
View attachment 5404
Nice to see the improvements with the additional charging bays, they supplied my ZS EV almost 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for my follow up call after my collection though !.

Before I bought an MG, I contacted Pentraeth as they are my local garage. Despite leaving many messages with reception, no one called me back. I sent an email of complaint and the Manager in fairness contacted me straight back then a sales man contacted me soon after. Unfortunately their quote of £26900 for an MG5 excite which included the ev grant was a little steep, so I bought the same car from Luscoumbs for £6900 cheaper and they couldn't of been more helpful.

I now have a service plan with Pentraeth and hit my 15000 miles, same issue again, can't get through to service, leave a message with reception and no reply for 2 days. After making a fuss and refusing to get off the phone till I got through to them, I'm finally booked in next week but no courtesy car.

I think Pentraeth need to work on their customer service a little more.

These are no longer an MG dealer.
Pentraeth on Anglesey provided my first Gen1 ZS EV back in in 2020.
I received an e.mail from MG themselves about three weeks ago, recommending about three alternative dealers locally to use.
The 2 closest dealers where only about 15 & 20 minutes away, but the third was about 35 - 40 minutes away.
Strangely, they missed another newish dealer about 15 minutes away ?????.
I did reply to the message and about three days later, I received a reply to say that they had updated there records on this dealer !.
I received no information from the Pentraeth group on the plans to stop selling / servicing MG cars anymore, but no surprise there !.
Well, I guess it does not look very likely that I will be receiving my follow up, customer satisfaction “post delivery” call from them now then ? 🤣.

I thought it was strange I had an email from 3 ways in Abergele saying that my car was due a service soon.

Not received a single email or phone call from Pentraeth to tell me they are no longer servicing despite taking out a service contract with them.

Not surprised though as their customer service has been shocking since day one.

Last edited:
I thought it was strange I had an email from 3 ways in Abergele saying that my car was due a service soon.

Not received a single email or phone call from Pentraeth to tell me they are no longer servicing despite taking out a service contract with them.

Not surprised though as their customer service has been shocking since day one.
I am working on the theory that as soon as Pentraeth realised that Threeways in Abergele where given a MG dealership, they decided to bail out !.
The Threeway's dealership, has therefore hoovered up a LOT of MG customers who live in the Prestatyn / Rhyl and surrounding areas.
It is easy accessible from the A55 without travelling right down to Anglesey.

When picking up my Trophy Connect ex-demo from Threeways today, they confirmed that they picked up all Pentraeth’s stock.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom