Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Last edited:
?

Wow. I'm impressed with how aggressively this is now being pushed. The repercussions of an outright ban are quite mind boggling when you really think about it. Absolutely no (new) petrol or diesels at all the dealerships, only electric/hydrogen which at the moment still feels very much in its infancy.

Albeit it is actually still 15 years away and when you think about where electrics were 15 years ago, that gives a good bit of time for advancements. I believe the average length of ownership these days is about 7 years, so it's roughly 2 cycles away for most. Manufacturers are mostly all already switching across, but scaling back on the production of the fossil models and no longer creating typical engines - feels like we're about to flip over into the future (shame they don't fly yet) ?

I wonder if as we get closer to this we'll start to see all regular service stations offering electric charging points.

Exiting times ?

Thats brilliant news... I believe they have a lot of cheap Hydro-Electricity in Norway...that would help.

That it does 😁
If I take all taxes, and other extras that you have to pay, and do a yearly average, I end up at about 10p/kwh. And still probably have rounded up a bit mutch. Though there's a proposed change in the way they set up how you pay for usage that will change that a bit to the worse for us consumers. Just because the power companies haven't bothered with doing their jobs, and keeping up with maintenance and expansion 😕

I am no expert in these things but with a ban coming in 2030 (and i assume the EU won't be far behind) that it seems logical for most manufacturers to stop production 3 or 4 years before that. They won't want lots of stock of ICE vehicles (although there may be demand as people try to beat the ban) and probably more importantly they will be wanting to repurpose there existing manufacturing facilities to cope with productions of EVs.

I am no expert in these things but with a ban coming in 2030 (and i assume the EU won't be far behind) that it seems logical for most manufacturers to stop production 3 or 4 years before that. They won't want lots of stock of ICE vehicles (although there may be demand as people try to beat the ban) and probably more importantly they will be wanting to repurpose there existing manufacturing facilities to cope with productions of EVs.

There's already talk of the government considering bringing the ban of the sale of ICE vehicles ahead of 2030. Government considering limiting sale of ICE cars ahead of 2030

What price trade in values of ICE vehicles in five years time! And also who will want an old diesel trade in car? Surely they will have to bring in some sort of scrappage scheme. I was reading another piece in fleet news about the record number of MOT emission failures in 2020, 1.3 million cars failed the emission test last year o_O mostly diesel cars. Vehicles fail MOT in record numbers due to emissions

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom