Phone volume over bluetooth

KlinkPC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When making phone calls over bluetooth, people tell me that my calls come through at very low volume. Does anyone else experience this or is there a solution?

It’s possible you’re Bluetooth isn’t setup correctly and the microphone that is being used is the one on the phone and not the one in the car.

Do a test and put the phone in the glove box and make a call. If they can’t hear you then your car Bluetooth is using the phone microphone however if they still hear you at the same volume then there’s likely a problem with your cars Bluetooth or microphone.

If it ends up that it’s using your phone microphone I’d suggest deleting the phone from the car and reset it up again.

It’s possible you’re Bluetooth isn’t setup correctly and the microphone that is being used is the one on the phone and not the one in the car.
I thought that was decent suggestion, so I put the phone in the glove box and called my wife. Unfortunately she said it made no difference. I connected her phone via bluetooth and it was equally muted. The audio is clear but the volume is maybe 2 out of 10. Deleting the connection and resetting makes no difference either but thanks for the idea.

I thought that was decent suggestion, so I put the phone in the glove box and called my wife. Unfortunately she said it made no difference. I connected her phone via bluetooth and it was equally muted. The audio is clear but the volume is maybe 2 out of 10. Deleting the connection and resetting makes no difference either but thanks for the idea.
I've tried all these things too with no result. I am fairly convinced it's a problem with the microphone. Fortunately I don't use my phone much so not a big issue but will be asking the dealer to investigate at first service.

Was there any outcome or revelation for this thread? I have low volume with incoming and outgoing phone calls using Bluetooth; it affects both the ringtone and the speech. The level of volume is not increased/decreased by either the in-car volume control or the iPhone volume control: it is such a low level it can't be heard when driving.

Every so often (more often than not) I make a call and the call connects but there is no sound both from me and from the caller, I can hear them on the phone talking and I then have to stop and pick up the phone to receive the call, not kosher I know. Is this a glitch in the infotainment system that MG need to sort?

Hmm, I have that exact same issue also. But most notably low, it consistently has low volume to/from calls made via Bluetooth and also Apple Carplay (which uses the same BT connection protocol I believe). So, using hands free mobile in car is mostly not possible; for a new car that's unreasonable.

After more than two years I finally fixed my low volume bluetooth problems. I told my Pixel phone to "forget" my pairing with the MG. I then deleted my pairing from bluetooth settings in the MG. After re-enabling all pairings everything now works as it should.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom