Pinkstones MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Bought my MG ZS ev here a year ago. The dealership offered me a great deal on a blue pre-reg 70 plate they had in the showroom. They gave me the better offer on my Leaf 24 as px. Pickup was as arranged and the actual saleman as great, patient and polite. The most disappointing part was their insistence that they had a contact that could fit a tow-bar. This was something that I asked specifically about as I had just got some electric bicycles that I wanted to carry in a tow bar cycle carrier. As it turned out their contact could not fit a towbar so I did feel I had been mis-sold on that point... this was well before I found out that most EVs are not typed approved. But I did love the car so chalked it up to experience and vowed to do my own research. Over the year have had no contact from the dealership despite finding out that my car is subject to two recalls. My local dealer in Wolverhampton (Brindley) informed me about these when I booked my service. Brindley also had the decency to ask my mileage and quoted me the low mileage discount for my first service. Whereas Pinkstones just quoted the normal price with no mention of the other option.

Picked up my MG4 Trophy beginning of Feb. Dealer handover excellent thanks to Peter. However there was an issue with connectivity which they could not get working on the Saturday. Monday morning got a call from Simon the service manager who arranged for a courtesy car to be bought to me while they took my car to sort. Bought back the same evening by Jack the technician who made sure everything was working and explained how it all worked. Excellent service. 1st class.

I arranged a test drive of the MG4 to be taken in a weeks time. At the pre arranged time I turned up - no one in sight. Eventually a salesman appeared who said he'd get the car - it turned up outside the main doors in a filthy dirty condition, the salesman said the "owner" had been on his weekend off & hadn't had time to clean it ! Said salesman got in the car with me "for insurance purposes" and when I (we !) drove out of the showroom area it was indicated " they don't like us being out too long". From start to finish the test drive lasted less than 10 minutes, along one busy main road & after a roundabout, returning the same way back. As a test drive it was almost useless - contrast that to one I had at Holdcroft MG where I was given the key fob at 1.40pm and with a cheery "we close at 6" set off on my own for a decent test drive !!

I had some similarities to that:

Gen1 ZS - was initally told test drive would be around 10 minutes. I said that's not long enough for me (or anyone, really) to decide if the car was for them, so I'd go elsewhere. I ended up taking it for about an hour in the end on a route I use, which was good enough (I bought the car!).

MG4 - Salesman came with me and my wife, which I've never had before. It felt a bit odd. Anyway, test drive duration was OK, about 45 minutes IIRC.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom