• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Please vote for Software Update Wishlist MG HS Phev

Please vote for MG HS Phev (EHS) Update Wishlist items being a (possible) Owner of this nice car

• Improvement of serious gear shifting stalls in EV mode. ( Safety aspect)

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Make EV selection possible a warning only like: 'engine heater not available' i.s.o.'not support'

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Seat heating needs 3 heating modes i.s.o. 1 in view of the only source available in EV mode.

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Improve brightness of Blind spot warning lights (BLIS) , to weak in daylight (Safety aspect)

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Tailgate closing stops when opening passenger doors, even when unlocked

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Front parking sensors ( not in UK ) do not operate in D(rive) mode

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • In hybrid mode enable automatic ICE kick in above urban speed limits only.

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Add warning for unattended open roof window in applicable versions ( door window warning installed)

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Make EV selection always possible with a warning only like: 'engine heater not available'

Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters

Henri8

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
MG HS Plug-in Hybrid Software Update Wishlist Poll
More and more (future) owners are finding this medium to gather and give information about the pro's and con's of this very nice vehicle.
Several improvements to this product are, in my view, necessary and possible due to the software options available.
I will make a list of possible and enhancing updates for (possible) owners to vote for. (not in order of priority!) In due time we might have enough votes to present a serious request for MG to consider.
Most of these subjects have been covered in the different posts on this HS Phev Forum, so if not clear, please refer to those threads.
This is my first (and last :)) poll on this site, so if it does not work well I will try to improve it or even cancel or limit the respons time.
If positive I will continue it until the end of this year as more owners will join the poll hopefully.
Reactions are welcome, if needed corrections made and additional wishlist items added.
Greetings from Holland
Henri

Thanks! Hope it works in the long run?
I made a mistake already trying to edit a vote. Now it is presented twice.... ( EV selection ) I will not count it twice ;-)

Last edited:
I can't help wondering if as the cars get older and out of warranty, wether people will starting hacking the software, in the same way they do for escooters etc. Think like a chipped ICE

Can I add, in Auto Mode make the EV/Ice speed change configurable. I know the roads I drive, and the motor would virtually never be used as it's currently set.

I realise one of the options relates to urban areas etc, however my urban could be quite different to your urban, because we all drive different daily routes, and live in different areas, so for some people kicking in at 30, others it will be 50, maybe even 65. Think I'd opt for 50 most days.

Edit: actually, been a picky coder, I'd want it to kick in at 51, not 50 :)

Last edited:
That is interesting as well...
So it looks like different country versions have a not corresponding speed setting. Indeed your version would be more suitable for our urban speed limit of 50kph (31mph). You have 35mph ( 56kph) as speed limit I guess, so it also kicks in too soon. 60 kph and 40 mph kick-in speed would be better iso 40kph and 30mph for convenience and an easier way to use "alternate EV" with automatic heating. When there is heating demand the ICE will run at idle and as soon as there is no heating demand the ICE will turn down. ( All this below the urban kick-in speed)
Are you still with me😅
Hi Dragonfly!
Did you read my thread ‘Urban Hybrid Managment’?
There you will find more thoughts about this issue. In my voting subjects I am very limited in text space and have to make a general short phrase.
That is why I used ‘Urban speeds’ because, indeed these speeds differ in regions. Between 50 and 60 would be fine. And be sure that MG will make these decisions in the end if ever!
Happy Urban driving!
Henri

Yes you worded it considerably better than me, haven't really needed heating yet, so hadn't factored that in :)

Today, one month ago I posted this Poll and thank you for voting on the different subjects so far.
14 owners in counting and no increase in the last few weeks in spite of the fact that several new owners joined this active MG forum. That is why I like to invite all Hybrid owners, new or hesitating, to cast some votes on these matters.
Please do react on any subject that is not clear to you or give your own view on it.
As it is a Poll I cannot change or add any text and I had to keep it short due to limited space.
So, some items might need some clarification or explanation?
The Poll is now on top of the list for a while again, which was the main reason for this chat ;-)
Happy midsummer night!
Henri

Last edited:
I would like
  1. Sticky EV mode - mine starts in Auto mode every morning after a good sleep overnight
  2. Fix delayed gear shift when car hits 44mph in EV mode.
  3. Regen modes (no paddles in UK version) - even software options under settings
  4. Automatic regen on braking - in ACC friction brakes are used. The car should be triggering regen irrespective of friction brakes - they should work simultaneously - doesn't have to be either / or

Last edited:
Item 2 is covered in the first option of the poll and I agree with your other suggestions. However I think it is not possible to alter or add anything to this present Poll. We might wait for more suggestions and consider a second Poll with these items in it?

hermitdave as pretty much summed up, where I am on this.

For a real technical one, that nobody else will notice - The ability to disable the alarm detecting usage of the OBD port when armed!! So you can't leave an OBD dongle plugged into the locked car.

For a real technical one, that nobody else will notice - The ability to disable the alarm detecting usage of the OBD port when armed!! So you can't leave an OBD dongle plugged into the locked car.
Hi i am just new to the forum but indeed i ran into the same problem, took me an half hour to figure it out, because it did not happen directly, it occured the next day when locking the car. You see a lot of activity on the dongle it seem it keeps it active while ignition is turned off.

I am sure I have left the VGate iCar OBD2 adapter plugged in. Can use it for much as I couldn't find a thing that would show its battery capacity etc. I've email both Phev Watchdog and Car Scanner developers but nothing so far.

I myself am feeling to lazy to go anywhere near this. I should give in I suppose and start playing with communicating with the car.

I have a whole load of information I've been slowly gathering, so maybe a knew thread might be advised for this. I currently have an AutoPi, but I suspect it drawers too much currently and always seems to trigger the alarm.

Audio warning blind spot detection
Close sunroof when locking the car
Welkom!
Personally I am not in favor of a blind spot sound warning. Indeed there are a lot of sound warnings but those are exceeding limit warnings. This detection is (important) information only. Better visibility of the light in daylight is needed as suggested in the Poll.

The sunroof will close after long pressing the lock on the remote. You only use that when you realize that the roof is open. So I agree with you on that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom