Possible MG ZS EV Newbie

SteveO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys & Gals,

We have reserved one of the MG ZS's at Vic Youngs and would like to ask for some help and advice please.

I have been reading older posts the last week or so for information, thanks to everyone for their posts :giggle:

We are from N. Ireland so it will be a Ferry Car Park handover so we won't have all day and as with our native weather it will most probably be raining.

Which updates should we be asking to be completed before collection?
Comfort 2 & BMS are the two that seemed to spring up and I guessed the HV Fuse wouldn't need done on such a fresh car.

We are going with Pimlico Blue which is a bit of a chance as we haven't seen one in that colour in the metal so-to-speak.

TIA

I would ask them to do all of the updates you've listed, at least you know then that they've been done. Bear in mind the Comfort 2 update can be chargeable though, depends on your dealer.

Welcome to the club by the way (y)

Last edited:
New to the forum, so please bear with me. First post and all that!

I have also purchased a ZS EV from Vic Young and await delivery. I spoke to them yesterday and they are well aware of the software updates. They actually raised the fact that they would need to be applied! However, they have a couple of technicians off at the moment which means they are not getting through the pre-delivery checks and preps as quickly as they would like.

I would ask them to do all of the updates you've listed, at least you know then that they've been done. Bear in mind the Comfort 2 update can be chargeable though, depends on your dealer.

Welcome to the club by th the way (y)
Thanks for the welcome,

We have a Leaf which we are trading in for the MG.

I have asked for the updates to be listed on the invoice and there was no mention of a charge so that sounds good.

Last MG I owned was a Black MG Metro LOL.
New to the forum, so please bear with me. First post and all that!

I have also purchased a ZS EV from Vic Young and await delivery. I spoke to them yesterday and they are well aware of the software updates. They actually raised the fact that they would need to be applied! However, they have a couple of technicians off at the moment which means they are not getting through the pre-delivery checks and preps as quickly as they would like.
Small world :)

Sounds like the same conversation I had with Callum Young (no relation apparently).

We are looking at the 21st at the minute for delivery what about you?

Did you manage to negotiate anything off or accessories at all James ie?

Well our car was registered today apparently and the deposit is paid.

I have the registration number and a picture of the VIN.

So if things go to plan we will be collecting in just over a week, hopefully it will be calm seas for the crossing, at least on the way back with a shiny new car :)

I have asked for the following software updates;
'Comfort 2 Update'
'BMS Update'
'HV Fuse Update'

Aside from trying to charge it I can't see how to test the BMS update but I can tell the Comfort 2 has been done if the centre screen has the ambient temp in the top right hand next to the clock and the miles to go is in the bottom left hand side IIRC?

Anything else anyone can think off we should be doing, all advice gratefully received.

I think you have the updates buttoned down. MAybe get some lokcing wheel nuts - if you search on here you can get them for about £30, not the £60 at the dealers. Also, check the paint finish very carefully - mine was scratched to $hit from the dealer due to careless wahsing and preparation and now I'm left to resolve it.

@SteveO

Steve, I travelled from Inverness to Vic Youngs. They were great. Everything was ready and they even let me have a refresher drive in another ZS EV so I wouldn't use up any of the battery charge in my car.

Pass on my best to Peter & Joanne if you see them!

I think you can rest assured that the software will be up to date before delivery.

The best thing to be aware of is that Lane Keep Assist and Lane Departure Warning are not advisable - the Adaptive Cruise Control is brilliant, and works well with a double pull on the stalk to get MG Pilot (which works very well - though stay alert, in case of any edge-case deviation).

Well fellow EV'ers we are on the ferry back from sunny Scotland with a shiney spanking Pimlico Blue MG

Was bought for my Pop BUT I WANTS IT, MY PRECIOUS LOL.

My pop is like a dog with two tails.

Many thanks for the advice both now and to come ;)

Hello Guys & Gals,

We have reserved one of the MG ZS's at Vic Youngs and would like to ask for some help and advice please.

I have been reading older posts the last week or so for information, thanks to everyone for their posts :giggle:

We are from N. Ireland so it will be a Ferry Car Park handover so we won't have all day and as with our native weather it will most probably be raining.

Which updates should we be asking to be completed before collection?
Comfort 2 & BMS are the two that seemed to spring up and I guessed the HV Fuse wouldn't need done on such a fresh car.

We are going with Pimlico Blue which is a bit of a chance as we haven't seen one in that colour in the metal so-to-speak.

TIA
Steveo, I’ve reserved one at VIC Young’s too!! Won’t be able to pick it up till mid-December due to lockdown restrictions.

I have the same questions and have started keeping track of the updates and things to check to see if they are on my vehicle. Here’s my list so far:

SA015 Battery Management System update - if it’s on you should be able to charge the car while it’s unlocked

Comfort 2 update (see https://mg.co.uk/owners/tips/faqs/i...generation-of-software-available-on-my-zs-ev/. All MG ZS EV models produced after Mid June 2020 will include the Comfort 2 so check when the car was made. If it’s on you should be able to: see the ambient temperature in the top right of the infotainment system; there should be a setting to allow you to turn on/off Auto High Beam Assist; the horn shouldn’t go off if you leave the key in the car when you get out - instead it should chime

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom