• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Price increase in January 2023

andrew99

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just got an email from Wilson’s saying order before the end of the year to beat price rises of at least £500. I already have an MG 4 on order so feeling slightly smug.
Anyone else getting information on this?

Just got an email from Wilson’s saying order before the end of the year to beat price rises of at least £500. I already have an MG 4 on order so feeling slightly smug.
I haven’t heard anything from my dealer, but it wouldn’t surprise me with inflation running wild.

A dealer mentioned the £1k price increase yesterday in the facebook group then got 'reprimanded' and reported by some jobsworth as apparently it wasn't supposed to be public info yet. Too late :ROFLMAO:

edit : oh, it just happened again as I was writing this post. The dealer putting him back in his box...

ZLCoaGw.png

Last edited:
A dealer mentioned the £1k price increase yesterday in the facebook group then got 'reprimanded' and reported by some jobsworth as apparently it wasn't supposed to be public info yet. Too late :ROFLMAO:
Lets face it if a dealer tells anyone then it will get out, plus I guess its a good way to get orders in.

I test drove MG4 last weekend, got a call today saying price is going up by £1000 next year. Thought it was a sales pitch...

Dealers have stopped offering fixed price part exchange valuations, due to the delay in supplying cars also.
Wait times on new ZS EV face lift orders are quoted at 18 months now.
The model on the new platform should be out by then !.

Dealers have stopped offering fixed price part exchange valuations, due to the delay in supplying cars also.
Wait times on new ZS EV face lift orders are quoted at 18 months now.
The model on the new platform should be out by then !.
18 months! What’s the hold up?

Ok. Unusual for MG. Their business model (certainly in the UK anyway) seems to be to get cars quicker than most other manufacturers.

Issues with part availability and demand exceeding expectations is what has been reported.
Miles gave the feedback on the last pod cast of the year ( 2022 ) last week.
Chorley DID have a couple of ZS EV face lift’s for sale, no doubt these are likely to be cancelled orders or people who switched out for MG4 orders.
These will be snatched up quickly, given another price increase is due Jan 2023.

I test drove an MG4 today. My local dealer is already doing the price increase - quoted £33k for SE trophy delivery c16 weeks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back