Private Hire Taxis

shayjeffs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
Have a 2020 MG5 EV Exclusive. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how I can temporarily add my PH plate so that it’s detachable when I’m not using it.
It has parking assistance with the reversing camera. On my old car (Merc) I just clipped a temporary one over the in place one. But if I do that on the Exclusive I will block the reversing cameras.
Any ideas?

Hi
Have a 2020 MG5 EV Exclusive. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how I can temporarily add my PH plate so that it’s detachable when I’m not using it.
It has parking assistance with the reversing camera. On my old car (Merc) I just clipped a temporary one over the in place one. But if I do that on the Exclusive I will block the reversing cameras.
Any ideas?
The bolts that are holding the black bar on are standard number plate bolts. You could remove the black bar and secure your plate that way?

Would only take you a minute to screw/unscrew?

The bolts that are holding the black bar on are standard number plate bolts. You could remove the black bar and secure your plate that way?

Would only take you a minute to screw/unscrew?
Good idea, but what is that black bar for exactly?

A Mogo bracket.

Or have a small square plate made up and put the PH plate next to it in replacement of the large plate.. When your not working put the original plate back on.

From a legal point of view the PH plate has to be on the vehicle all the time, as it a replacement for your MOT, it will also be part of your LHA conditions.

IMG_20220427_172727.jpg

The 2 pictures above were my solution to the problem. I put some protective film onto the bumper and then put the velcro on top. The film will not damage the paint. And if you look closely at the top of the taxi plate you can see a small rubber strip I put on so I don't damage the black plastic bumper protector.

The 2 pictures above were my solution to the problem. I put some protective film onto the bumper and then put the velcro on top. The film will not damage the paint. And if you look closely at the top of the taxi plate you can see a small rubber strip I put on so I don't damage the black plastic bumper protector.
Yep, that looks like a good solution. Will give it a go.

Hi
Any ideas?
I used a blob of kitchen sealant in each corner. It just peels off and leaves no marks. For door stickers I bought a role of magnetic tape. When I'm not using the car as a taxi the go in the boot.

I used a blob of kitchen sealant in each corner. It just peels off and leaves no marks. For door stickers I bought a role of magnetic tape. When I'm not using the car as a taxi the go in the boot.
Can you post a link here where your purchased magnetic tape from? thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom