Pro scanner EML app đź‘Ť

D

Deleted member 2439

This popular OBD reader/APP now has support for the MG ZS EV. I’ve just updated mine & will try it out when the car gets home from work 👍

It will be interesting to see what it’s able to read 🤞

What's the app name ?
I can only find document scanners when I type in pro scanner

I think it's the "Car Scanner ELM OBD2", I'm using it since some time back, have also asked the
owner or the developer of this APP to update with more PID's, since these are a bit limited in use,
but still good to build a nice overview of your car power usage, etc +++

Car Scanner ELM OBD2

1618926451538.png

See this one from my fellow country man, Bjørn Nylund in Norway, support his "YouTube" channel.

How to install and use OBD adapter and Car Scanner

I think it's the "Car Scanner ELM OBD2", I'm using it since some time back, have also asked the
owner or the developer of this APP to update with more PID's, since these are a bit limited in use,
but still good to build a nice overview of your car power usage, etc +++

Car Scanner ELM OBD2

View attachment 2938

See this one from my fellow country man, Bjørn Nylund in Norway, support his "YouTube" channel.

How to install and use OBD adapter and Car Scanner
I got this Car Scanner ELM OBD2 app working on iOS.
The default data for the car wasn't much use, I started adding all the PIDs in for the car. Couldn't get the export to work to save them.
I posted screenshots from the PID data I'd added somewhere on here.

I got this Car Scanner ELM OBD2 app working on iOS.
The default data for the car wasn't much use, I started adding all the PIDs in for the car. Couldn't get the export to work to save them.
I posted screenshots from the PID data I'd added somewhere on here.
Hi JodyS21,

I saw your posting, now we will get full support for all the MG ZS EV, PID's and ECU for the DTC
reading also, the developer "Stanislav" confirmed this by email last night.

Please support his work with a few pounds buying the "Pro" version when using it, thanks...

Hi all,

The APP is now updated with new PID's, etc from the developer and ready for download or update,
have fun playing with it, give your input if you see things that are missing or needs his attention.

Screenshot_20210421-075154_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20210421-075831.jpg Screenshot_20210421-075851.jpg Screenshot_20210421-075908.jpg Screenshot_20210421-075922.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I'm using: Version 1.78.0 / Build 400780, could be that it's not out yet, since I'm beta testing...
The app shows the battery SOC BMS sensor but I didn't find the battery SOC display sensor, is this sensor available on this beta version?

Last edited:
Yeah I tried this last week it works well, but doesn't seam connect to ECU unless car is fully awake though. I think if we could find a command for that would be better especially when charging.
also it needs the PiD for battery temp adding. (It has coolant temp).
I like that it doesn't trigger the car alarm, unlike torque pro, but it lacks many of the other features of that latter app including upload to webserver.

Hi all,

The APP is now updated with new PID's, etc from the developer and ready for download or update,
have fun playing with it, give your input if you see things that are missing or needs his attention.

View attachment 2939

View attachment 2940 View attachment 2941 View attachment 2942 View attachment 2943
I've got mine pulling the min and max voltages etc from each of the 9 cell packs. Would be nice to get that data.
Have you checked all the figures are correct - against the right description etc?

Yeah I tried this last week it works well, but doesn't seam connect to ECU unless car is fully awake though. I think if we could find a command for that would be better especially when charging.
I like that it doesn't trigger the car alarm, unlike torque pro, but it lacks many of the other features of that latter app including upload to webserver.
mikeRES from OVMS said it's any calls to the BCM (Body Controller) ECU that triggers the alarm. So I presume there must be some PID it's requesting in torque pro from that ecu.

Hi AbuG, the reason for not being able to have the engine off when using the OBD port may well be
due to protecting the car from theft, as you know it's been proven that access could enable anyone
to run a program or APP when connected with the engine in off state, see more in these thread(s):

OBD2 Torque App

OBD PORT THEFT ATTEMPT

Dismantling Megamos Crypto: Wirelessly Lockpicking a Vehicle Immobilizer

It maybe possible to also disable this on the MG ZS EV, see this BMW thread about a known issue:

Devices left plugged into OBD2 triggering alarm when locked

I bought a OBD scanner around five years ago because at the time I was thinking of buying a Nissan Leaf & wanted to check the health of the battery of the used car, It never came about so after seeing this thread I wondered if that old OBD diagnostic scanner would work!

I downloaded the app & Sure enough it connected up first time (after I had to watch a YB vid on how to pair up a bluetooth device with my new phone:unsure:) (y) :D .......which for someone like me who is not really tech savvy was a major win without scratching of head & lots of cursing :D

I shall have a play around with it later to customise the dashboard/colours now I know it works (y).

abXblpUl.jpg

Where is the 'Car Scanner pro' app? When I type this into the playstore it takes me to 'Car scanner ELM OBD2'.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom