• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Problems with new MG ZS EV

Saurik

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello just got my new MG ZS EV. The car looks very good but I am currently completely desperate with it. I have the following problems:

• Tireshops includinf my MG dealer is able to sell me winter tires. They all say the car is new and they do not have informations yet.
  • How the hack can I turn of the heating and the climate at the same time? The temperature is very good outside. When I turn the hearing nub to the left it will freeze down the car. When I turn it up it will cook me. When I put it to the mid it will constantly switch between heating up and cooling. How to just turn off heating+cooling?! When parking without locking the car I see how I loose
  • How to turn of these damn warn signals? I already tried to turn everything off but still am annoyed all the time!
My dealer says that all updates are made.

Hi Saurik, which damn warn signals are you referring to as its hard to help without knowing what is actually annoying you?

On your infotainment screen do you have the outside temperature displayed in the top right?

To turn off the AC system, press button 1.
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 12.36.03.png

Hi Saurik, which damn warn signals are you referring to as its hard to help without knowing what is actually annoying you?

On your infotainment screen do you have the outside temperature displayed in the top right?

To turn off the AC system, press button 1.View attachment 771
Hello, I found out that there are two separate preference menus. With turning everything of in the other too now the only sounds I can not turn of is when I leave the car and when entering the car but I think I can live with that. :)

Still the hearing problem remains. We thought may it be possible that the heating comes from the battery because the heating symbol is not on in the dashboard. I first thought my battery would drain very fast but I noticed that I get the lost km back when driving again so it may because of insufficient measuring.

I am still exploring the car. I got it this morning at my dealer and just drove it to a tire shop because the car dealer told me they still have no winter tires for it. Do anyone know what is the issue there? The tire shop also can not sell some. They say that they do not sell tires that are legal on this car.

My dealer says that all updates are made.

Hello, I found out that there are two separate preference menus. With turning everything of in the other too now the only sounds I can not turn of is when I leave the car and when entering the car but I think I can live with that. :)
It sounds like your dealer may have lied to you with regards to all updates have been made if your car is making annoying sounds when getting into or out of the car.

Do you have the outside temperature displayed in the top right as shown below?

MG-ZS-EV-screen.jpg

Does anyone have the problem of the car basically stalling after starting? It freezes, won't move despite being in gear and the steering locks. I have to switch off and on again to get moving but twice have been stuck in the road.

Does anyone have the problem of the car basically stalling after starting? It freezes, won't move despite being in gear and the steering locks. I have to switch off and on again to get moving but twice have been stuck in the road.
No not me

Hi Chris, I only get this when car seat is unplugged. Please make sure your driver and passenger has got their seatbelt plugged in.

I just tried this. Had to get road assist to pick it up. Wouldn't start again. Said something steering fault and hv shut off.

Today I experienced something I could not find any answers from neither the dealer nor the service, and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same or similar issue. I just got the MG ZS EV two days ago and it was a new car. I haven't recharged it yet since I got the car. However yesterday I spotted some peeling on the gear selection wheel so I brought back the car to the dealer with service. While they were inspecting it the service manager decided to pull the car a little bit more front but when he started the car and get the gear to "D" the car did not move, the car started to go down from the ramp. Then he immediately called the dealer, he came and hit the gas pedal the car started to go backwards instead of going forward. They tried to turn it off and on but did not change the situation. The service manager says there were no messages or warnings on the screen. Then they towed the car from where it parked after that they tried it again and it worked without a problem. But I feel bad about the situation here, I think it was a great chance that happened at the service and both the dealer and the service manager has witnessed that but I am worried about if this ever happens again and what if there would be a person or an animal behind the car and I may harm them. I probably can not even prove that I put the car on "D" but it went reverse. What are your suggestions please share.

Today I experienced something I could not find any answers from neither the dealer nor the service, and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same or similar issue. I just got the MG ZS EV two days ago and it was a new car. I haven't recharged it yet since I got the car. However yesterday I spotted some peeling on the gear selection wheel so I brought back the car to the dealer with service. While they were inspecting it the service manager decided to pull the car a little bit more front but when he started the car and get the gear to "D" the car did not move, the car started to go down from the ramp. Then he immediately called the dealer, he came and hit the gas pedal the car started to go backwards instead of going forward. They tried to turn it off and on but did not change the situation. The service manager says there were no messages or warnings on the screen. Then they towed the car from where it parked after that they tried it again and it worked without a problem. But I feel bad about the situation here, I think it was a great chance that happened at the service and both the dealer and the service manager has witnessed that but I am worried about if this ever happens again and what if there would be a person or an animal behind the car and I may harm them. I probably can not even prove that I put the car on "D" but it went reverse. What are your suggestions please share.
Start a new thread instead of reviving /commandeering an old dead one?

Yes! Happened twice that it refused to budge, once at an intersection, once while moving it around on the driveway.
The first time, well both times I suppose, it had to be shut down and restarted, then no further trouble. I didn't notice the steering though.

Hi Chris, I only get this when car seat is unplugged. Please make sure your driver and passenger has got their seatbelt plugged in.
Yes but this isn't going to happen when mid-drive, i.e. when I pull up at traffic lights, as happened.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom