• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

I had my BMS update in January and today got the AliExpress dongle which gave me the following Firmware info which differs from yours in a few places. Is there a definitive list of the latest firmware?View attachment 2574View attachment 2575
Hi, I don't know. Part of the purpose of this thread is one of the members is compiling a spreadsheet to try and work out the variations. What I can tell you is that it appears that some dealers don't understand they should update other ECU's when they update the BMS. Mind didn't and I had to tell him and he then updated the ECU's a week later. Without those ECU updates, I couldn't use my home charger after the BMS update, though rapid charging and granny charging worked fine.

BMS ending in AO1 is the Jan 2021 update .
And the one ending in EU1 is the February 2021 update (which corrected a reduced power issue that some users had on the January one)

I leave mine plugged in constantly, not seen any problems. The current it draws is minimal. It won't trigger the alarm normally, ( only if switch off DRLs with Thai app and then lock with remote).

Only took it out when gave my car to the dealers.
Same here, mines been permanently in the car for couple of weeks or so now.

@Angusgolfer @Nick Stroud I'll update my spreadsheet with your cars data [I didn't realise the posts had moved forum and didn't see the new posts until now]
Spreadsheet post is here:
You can use it to compare what you've got installed.
Other than the BMS module version we don't really know what the other module versions relate to.

Thanks. I seem to have my range back to normal with the Jan BMS update. The balanced voltage is now 449 from 442 previously. What does the Feb 21 update do? I've only used the dongle once but it seems okay. 7.83US $ 14% OFF|ELM327 V 1.5 OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth NX101 Pro with PIC18F25K80 Chip for Android OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Tool OBD2 Scanner Tool|Code Readers & Scan Tools| - AliExpress
That's the OBD dongle the developers use, and is the same chipsetaas I have been recommending so hopefully it shouldn't have problems.

February 2021 update corrected a reduced power issue that some users had on the January update.

Same here, mines been permanently in the car for couple of weeks or so now.
Its the OBD devices which only have partial compatibility that are causing the problem... Unfortunately the Thai app is getting blamed for those problems...
They will have even more problems if they use it for other apps like Torque where they will see the lagginess of the devices. That project is complete.

Next project is to get live data incorporated into ABRP.

Hi,
I have the latest BMS and as of last Thursday, all of the other ECU's were updated to the latest versions too (supposedly). Firmware data from the Thais app appended below. Hope it helps!
Added to spreadsheet.
Only points of note: You have what I consider to be the EVCC software from an early car.
If you check out the spreadsheet, if you let me know any of the blank data I'll add it :)

Thanks. I seem to have my range back to normal with the Jan BMS update. The balanced voltage is now 449 from 442 previously. What does the Feb 21 update do? I've only used the dongle once but it seems okay. 7.83US $ 14% OFF|ELM327 V 1.5 OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth NX101 Pro with PIC18F25K80 Chip for Android OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Tool OBD2 Scanner Tool|Code Readers & Scan Tools| - AliExpress
Added to spreadsheet now. There's a few data values that aren't showing correctly in your app - this is normally due to the dongle being used.
Have a look in the spreadsheet and any blanks if you let me know I'll update them :)

Its the OBD devices which only have partial compatibility that are causing the problem... Unfortunately the Thai app is getting blamed for those problems...
They will have even more problems if they use it for other apps like Torque where they will see the lagginess of the devices. That project is complete.

Next project is to get live data incorporated into ABRP.
What's ABRP?
I'm going to try Torque Pro when I can get an apk version that works on my amazon fire...

What's ABRP?
I'm going to try Torque Pro when I can get an apk version that works on my amazon fire...
ABRP is A Better Route Plan. Navigation and charging points .. trying to add live SoC to the app.

Torque Pro is paid/premium software so can't really share it. The forum administrator here would get into a lot of trouble and kick us off.

Added to spreadsheet.
Only points of note: You have what I consider to be the EVCC software from an early car.
If you check out the spreadsheet, if you let me know any of the blank data I'll add it :)
Following your comment, I've just noticed that. I took the dealers word that they had updated them ALL as I had asked. Is there definitely a newer version of the EVCC and what difference, if any, might that make if I don't have it? I'm struggling with timed charging just now (BP Chargemaster) though that seems to be a common theme with ZS's on BP Chargemaster, not just mine!

Following your comment, I've just noticed that. I took the dealers word that they had updated them ALL as I had asked. Is there definitely a newer version of the EVCC and what difference, if any, might that make if I don't have it? I'm struggling with timed charging just now (BP Chargemaster) though that seems to be a common theme with ZS's on BP Chargemaster, not just mine!
Can you AC charge with doors unlocked?

Yes, but timed charging doesn't work even though the charger can communicate with the app and report when the car is charging or unplugged, how much power is going in and what it costs. Had assumed it was 100% BP fault as only know of 1 member of this forum whose BP homecharger works on timed charging. Now however I wonder if the EVCC is part of the issue.

That's the OBD dongle the developers use, and is the same chipsetaas I have been recommending so hopefully it shouldn't have problems.

February 2021 update corrected a reduced power issue that some users had on the January update.
What is the "reduced power issue" from the Jan update and how does it manifest itself? I had the Jan update and the range has come back and everything seems okay with voltage sitting nicely at 449 and less than 20 millivolt imbalance

Added to spreadsheet now. There's a few data values that aren't showing correctly in your app - this is normally due to the dongle being used.
Have a look in the spreadsheet and any blanks if you let me know I'll update them :)
Thanks Jody. How do I view the spreadsheet please?

What is the "reduced power issue" from the Jan update and how does it manifest itself? I had the Jan update and the range has come back and everything seems okay with voltage sitting nicely at 449 and less than 20 millivolt imbalance
Some people reports at 45% SoC they struggled to go uphill the power needle wouldn't go past 60%. It got worse at even lower SoC.

It doesn't affect everyone I remember reading about two or theee cases here, many others have been fine with it.

Thanks Jody. How do I view the spreadsheet please?
It's in the top post here :)

Some people reports at 45% SoC they struggled to go uphill the power needle wouldn't go past 60%. It got worse at even lower SoC.

It doesn't affect everyone I remember reading about two or theee cases here, many others have been fine with it.
If I recall correctly - without going back to find it, one of the guys with the issue had the Feb update and still had power issues. So I'm not at all sure that's what the feb version is for...

Yes, but timed charging doesn't work even though the charger can communicate with the app and report when the car is charging or unplugged, how much power is going in and what it costs. Had assumed it was 100% BP fault as only know of 1 member of this forum whose BP homecharger works on timed charging. Now however I wonder if the EVCC is part of the issue.

I WAS going to say I don't know BUT.....

I just sorted the spreadsheet by "AC Unlocked" (Not everyone has provided this data).
All NOs have EVCC 1770099611
All YESs have EVCC 1770124111

That seems pretty definitive!
You need the EVCC updating - maybe you need to use another dealer that knows what they're doing.....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom