• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 156
Hi @Mark Holmes this is the one I got from the above link

I got this same reader from ebay as it was recommended on original post. However I cant get it to work.

I've ran the ELM327 Identifer app , connected and scanned but it had ATPPS 1.1 in red so not present on that reader.

I'm wondering if they sent the wrong version in error.

Can you run ELM326 identifier app on your and confirm that it shows in green on yours

Cheers

David

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got this same reader from ebay as it was recommended on original post. However I cant get it to work.

I've ran the ELM327 Identifer app , connected and scanned but it had ATPPS 1.1 in red so not present on that reader.

Can you run ELM326 identifier app on your and confirm that it shows in green on yours

Cheers

David
This item is out of stock now...

Cheers

David
That's the one I bought.
It's in the car which wife has taken to work, so can't check anything at the moment.
Mine works though.
I put photos of the box it came in with the boxes ticked on it in an earlier post, check if the one you got was the same.

anyone got torque working with it? Mine does nothing, its connected to the ECU but pulls no information (just max values due to no data). Thats after connecting with the ZS EV app and clicking special, torque.

I've also noticed that the ZS EV App only pulls 1 value per second. so the general page takes 20+seconds to refresh all values. I have the OBDLink MX+ which is supposed to be fast. Just my like every car I've used it on is slow to read lol.

Version 1.2.1 works about 40% of the time with my Google Pixel 5.

Car bought early October, came with Comfort 2 installed from the factory. I couldn't charge unlocked or carry out a timed charge.

BMS & HV Fuse update carried out by Chorley Group MG (Burnley) 24th October, just before the really bad 28th version, I have the long equalisation BMS. The IPK was definitely updated as part of this as I remember the mechanic mentioning it, along with the known DCDC, TC, EVCC & OBC.

Charge unlocked - Yes
Timed charge - Yes
Battery heater - No
Graphics - No

View attachment 1915View attachment 1916

Data below, ZS was charged last night to full(cycled to work today so it was still connected when I got home this evening), I had the heated seat on when taking the readings:

View attachment 1918View attachment 1919
I'm just adding your data into the spreadsheet.

Interesting they said they definitely updated the IPK as yours is the same version and so far we've never seen a different version of it. Not sure what the IPK is, maybe it's configuration can be updated without changing the actual version.

OBC is confusing as we've seen it mentioned about updating it a few times, but there's no actual module called OBC, it must be there I think but called something else.

anyone got torque working with it? Mine does nothing, its connected to the ECU but pulls no information (just max values due to no data). Thats after connecting with the ZS EV app and clicking special, torque.

I've also noticed that the ZS EV App only pulls 1 value per second. so the general page takes 20+seconds to refresh all values. I have the OBDLink MX+ which is supposed to be fast. Just my like every car I've used it on is slow to read lol.
For torque pro need to enter the PIDs which is very long winded.
However if one person does it, then can share the files and make it easy for everyone else.
I'm also assuming Torque pro is compatible with other devices, like iOS

Just checked my BMS version of which I've had the Jan 21 update done twice (last update 11/02) and this is 0210622EU1..... Not seen this version in any other posts or the spreadsheet

Before anyone asks I have all the other updates deployed and the full charge is 450v

Well I'm totally bewildered by this.
BMS version 0210622EU1

Was there something weird going on to cause them to do the "Jan 21" update twice?

It's all in the spreadsheet now so you can compare bits to others.

EU1 is this the withdrawn BMS??
Have you had problems with reduce range, maximum voltage and power?
Range Seems about the same as before the update and after the first BMS update the maximum battery voltage did drop from 455v -> 450v and after 2nd update in mid-Feb, when i collected the car from the dealer it was fully charged and shown 449v, so i assume this is running the latest BMS... The service desk did say MG had done another SW update in Feb but didn't elloborate any further and i didn't ask...

For torque pro need to enter the PIDs which is very long winded.
However if one person does it, then can share the files and make it easy for everyone else.
I'm also assuming Torque pro is compatible with other devices, like iOS
I'd be happy to do it... unfortunately I dont know how lol.
I don't know where to get the PID's from, it'd be nice to pull them from this app but we will have to wait and see i Guess.

I’m really interested in the SOH (if that’s correct) condition of battery as with over 15000 miles completed have I lost any battery capacity / degradation?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom