• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

Thank you! First app that worked for me with regards to getting firmware versions etc. HHOBD adapter here. Car build 2019-11. European, Luxury version (sunroof etc). Doesnt charge unlocked.
Screenshot_20210815-174459.png

Last edited:
Thanks to Nix I have a working set of PIDs (Torque Pro) for the MG5, at least for battery data which I really wanted.

[...]
🎯 Fails at 36-40% vehicle scan and app shuts down... Your car ECU is in deep sleep try waking it by unlocking this might wake for few minutes only, can be repeated. If fails then put car in "Ready" mode.
[...]
Hi there, I am new to this forum and own a 2021 ZS EV LHD in Germany.
Using the app fails as described at 36% vehicle scan, although the car is running. So I assume the ECU cannot be in sleep mode.
Any suggestions?

Hi Im new here, Im interested in the app, how can I download it OP?
Edited:
Working mobile phone app (Android only)
👇DOWNLOAD👇

v1.2.1 out 02.03.21

👆DOWNLOAD👆

Function
See this post for data of screen-shots.

Requirements
1. Android system (phone, tablet, Amazon fire) with working bluetooth.
2. Bluetooth OBD2 device with ATPPS 1.1
- cost £5 to £20.
Some people reporting instability and errors in recordings best to purchase OBD2 device with PIC18F25K80 chipset.

Procedure
1. Install the apk on the android phone or tablet,
2. Plug the Bluetooth OBD2 device into the car OBD2 port, (on ZS it's a little below the bonnet pull release in the driver's foot well, line up device and push into it)
3. Switch the car to "Ready" mode
4. In Android bluetooth settings, pair the phone to the OBD2 device (password probably 1234 or 0000)
5. Run the app, in the app menu select the device that you paired.
6. then it should work. If not troubleshoot

Troubleshooting
🎯 Can't install APK. Make sure it's on an android phone (or tablet). Allow the option to "Install from unknown sources". Otherwise Google your error for your phone model. Ask in the forum if anyone else has this phone model.
🎯 Fails at 10-20% scantools. Incompatible OBD2 device. From Google app store download "ELM327 Identifer" app , connect and scan. If ATPPS 1.1 missing then incompatible. Source another OBD2 device... ask on forum what has worked for others. Best to get PIC18F25K80 chipset.
🎯 Fails at 36-40% vehicle scan and app shuts down... Your car ECU is in deep sleep try waking it by unlocking this might wake for few minutes only, can be repeated. If fails then put car in "Ready" mode.
🎯 Alarm is triggering shortly after locking car door. Either your OBD2 device was incompatible to begin with, then remove it from port before locking. Or your DRLs were switched off with the app. Disconnect the app (or switch DRLs on) before locking the car.
🎯 Rotating screen kills the app. Yeah it's a known bug either switch auto-rotate off in Android settings, or don't physically rotate the screen while using the app.
🎯 WiFi only or wired usb OBD2 devices are yet to be confirmed to work with the current app. Stick to Bluetooth.
🎯 MG car is not ZS EV. App has not been designed nor tested in other cars. But it may still work in other SAIC MGs. ( I would caution against switching DRLs off in other than the ZS EV).

Potential risks
🔥See this post here
🔥I have had some background WiFi usuage but not mobile data. I have blocked the app from using my data and WiFi as a precaution and would advocate that to all.

App Author/Developer:
Chosen to remain anonymous. Friend of Wannadit Wan-in (aka Captain DIY) as per video below.

----------
Original post is below
View attachment 1627
Above is evidence of Bluetooth OBD2 working with torque pro. It gives the information we want, SoH SoC, HV battery temp (for optimal rapid charging) and more.

Details in Thai can be found here. Where the screenshot was taken from.

There is an android app that can be downloaded here:
link for first app added

App tells SoH and can switch DRL on/off. then torque pro is supposed to be launched from it.

I tried with my old adapter that I used to work on my Mercedes w204. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I'm guessing a better adapter might work (possibly one that works for VAG cars).

Yes I know we have OVMS but it's not cheap, it's wired solution that some don't feel comfortable with, and it doesn't add much extra USEFUL than the above screen shot.

Hi Im new here, interested in the app, how can I download it?

There is a newer version of the Thai app... Android only... Plenty of information is present, SoH, SoC battery temperature... Update versions too.

No need for torque pro unless you want a nicer layout. Pics below are all from personal testing. All I needed was a £10 Bluetooth OBD2 device (eBay link, others may work too ) .

Incidentally, the BMS on mine is R28 (??July update). If we can find out what the October and January updates were named would be useful.

View attachment 1729View attachment 1730View attachment 1731View attachment 1732
good Day, what name of Apps?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this forum, and I would like to share the readings I get, it seems there is a new unannounced BMS update, because the version I got no one else mentioned here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211228-164450_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20211228-164450_ZS EV.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 194
Hi all. I used this app successfully for my zs. However I've now switched to an mg5 LR. Is there anyway for app to give me SOH on my new car? Read something in one of the posts about requiring a new set of PIDS but no real clue what I do with these.

Hi! I have a new ZS EV 2022 SR model, but the app doesn't work. Apart from the TPMS sensors data and the total mileage of he car, nothing is showing up in the app. Is there any update or something to make it work?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi! I have a new ZS EV 2022 SR model, but the app doesn't work. Apart from the TPMS sensors data and the total mileage of he car, nothing is showing up in the app. Is there any update or something to do it work?

Many thanks in advance
the facelift ZS EV ECU will be mapped differently so all of the PiD codes will be in a different location so the OBDII is not sending the right data to the app on the facelift anymore until someone reads the ECU settings but I cant image this will be anytime soon.

Is there any update or something to [make] it work?
There hasn't been an update in nearly a year, so I don't expect an update for the newer models any time soon.

If someone figures out the PIDs, I'm happy to attempt to patch the app to make it a facelift-only version. For anyone technically minded and a facelift owner, I'm pretty sure the information needed to extract the relevant PIDs are earlier in this topic. You'd have to use Serial Bluetooth Terminal or similar, so it would be a bit like Linux or Windows command line work.

Anyone up for it?

I should check Slack to see if the OVMS people have the PIDs. They've been a bit quiet lately, though I haven't checked lately.

There hasn't been an update in nearly a year, so I don't expect an update for the newer models any time soon.

If someone figures out the PIDs, I'm happy to attempt to patch the app to make it a facelift-only version. For anyone technically minded and a facelift owner, I'm pretty sure the information needed to extract the relevant PIDs are earlier in this topic. You'd have to use Serial Bluetooth Terminal or similar, so it would be a bit like Linux or Windows command line work.

Anyone up for it?

I should check Slack to see if the OVMS people have the PIDs. They've been a bit quiet lately, though I haven't checked lately.
I do have a copy of the latest Thai app Feb 22

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom