Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

20210227_182004.jpg

Didnt work - stuck at 20%. Back that goes to amazon. Problem was it didnt say which chipset it used so it was a risk I took. Good thing with prime, i can send it back without issues.

Here are my screenshots , my car is a September 2019 Excite ex demo , the comfort 2 update was done in September 2020 along with the first service , I bought the car in July 2020 and it's coming up to 10,000 miles now. Have had no issues with charging or range it's all been as expected 😃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-182220.png
    Screenshot_20210227-182220.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20210227-182057.png
    Screenshot_20210227-182057.png
    565.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot_20210227-182033.png
    Screenshot_20210227-182033.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20210227-123905.png
    Screenshot_20210227-123905.png
    568 KB · Views: 172
View attachment 1809
Didnt work - stuck at 20%. Back that goes to amazon. Problem was it didnt say which chipset it used so it was a risk I took. Good thing with prime, i can send it back without issues.
There is an app called "Elm identifier"
I think (not certain) the one we need is ATTPS 1.1 .

This was the only one missing on my first OBD2 device, that didnt work...my new one has lots of others missing but has this.

View attachment 1809
Give it a bit of time mine stuck at 20% and also it took a while for the three tabs to populate with data on mine, might be worth one more attempt before it goes back.

Here are my screenshots , my car is a September 2019 Excite ex demo , the comfort 2 update was done in September 2020 along with the first service , I bought the car in July 2020 and it's coming up to 10,000 miles now. Have had no issues with charging or range it's all been as expected 😃
Thanks.
I've updated the spreadsheet: ECU Module version spreadsheet

You my friend have some new versions!
I've asked more questions over on that post if you don't mind.

@Kithmo
You have a new unknown BMS version (0106600R17) (and a different EVCC & TC)
Could you have the 12/2019 very first BMS update?
Can you AC charge unlocked?

thanks.
I can't AC charge unlocked, can on DC as expected.
AFAIK the dealer only applied the Comfort 2, pre-pickup (July 2020) and nothing else, so everything else could be old versions.

Some one else has stated their full charge after the January update with a voltage of 449V gives them a SoC 82.6%...if someone else could confirm this too (compared to my 97% at 456V..also need this confirmed too by another user).

We need to run the batteries down to under 10% and recheck Voltage and SoC for both, to see what the lower buffer is like.

Also as the numbers are so drastically different (~14%) I think it would be possible to give a bigger range by only dropping the lower buffer (at the expense of battery longevity and warranty duration)... It's possible this could have happened in the 2021 India model... If the new claimed mileage is true or even greater compared to the original model.... which needs to be confirmed with a range test..personally I think it's more like a con and fiddling of numbers gimmick.

Last edited:
Some one else has stated their full charge after the January update with a voltage of 449V gives them a SoC 82.6%...if someone else could confirm this too (compared to my 97% at 456V..also need this confirmed too by another user).

We need to run the batteries down to under 10% and recheck Voltage and SoC for both, to see what the lower buffer is like.

Also as the numbers are so drastically different (~14%) I think it would be possible to give a bigger range by only dropping the lower buffer (at the expense of battery longevity and warranty duration)... It's possible this could have happened in the 2021 India model... If the new claimed mileage is true or even greater compared to the original model.... which needs to be confirmed with a range test..personally I think it's more like a con and fiddling of numbers gimmick.
It would be good to here from anyone in India who may have bought the latest version mg zs ev 419km car to see how its performing if it in deed its matching upto MG'S claim..

(The guy from India on here has said they're using a different test standard to provide the new range figures!)

I've not seen this SoC thing.
Wowsa!
So are you saying, on the OBD2, that after you fully charge your car, it shows 456V and 97% SoC???
And this other person also via OBD2 with 15/1 BMS are seeing after full charge 449V and 82.6%SoC??

My OBD2 is being delivered Tuesday hopefully, so I'll be able to look at mine (with 15/1 BMS).

Screenshot_20210228-132149_ELM327 Identifier.jpg
Screenshot_20210228-133813_ZS EV.jpg

The connection with my work s20 is not stable at all. App crashes every 2mins. Also had a few vechile stability errors and abs errors appear on dash. But it loads, most of the data. And yes i have a 15th Jan 2021 bms, it was showing 55% SoC (before app crashed again, but car is showing 5 out 8 bars showing).
Thanks @shikoku14 for the recommendation on the right obd module.

Personally at the moment, i dont recommended this to anyone unless they are tech nerds and not going to panic if the app crashes....

The errors likely there is an issue with your OBD device or App instability on your mobile. ??corrupted download. try re downloading and re installing.

I don't get any errors with this app. If run a scan with another apo called "garage pro" I get loads of errors on the dashboard. As long as your not driving it's unlikely to cause problems it's only reading and doesn't change anything. I wouldn't switch DRLs off though as that is a command.

A01 is likely Jan update
R40 is the manual battery switch that those in the Alps got. It also gave errors due to changed PIDs. Some of the PIDs could have having changed with the Jan update but no one else has reported that yet.

What is the app called that you’re actually using? And where are you getting it from?
I believe the app is actually being written by the chap who is in the video from the first post, he seems to be updating it and I'm pretty sure you can access his Google drive (once he auths you to it)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom