Question about range/battery size

Koombot

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi folks,

Just got an mg5lr and I'm a complete novice with ev but had a couple quick questions:

1. Is it possible to check the battery capacity or if the car is an long range or standard? The wife charged the car to 96% and the max range showed as 186 miles. Is this a factor of the cold weather right now? Working the maths this would be close to the standard range rather than long range at max capacity. I suspect this is normal but want to check as the car is. Only days old.

2. Will getting a dash cam fitted affect the warranty?

3. How are the standard tyres in winter in Scotland? I'm thinking it might be an idea to get some winter tyres or all season tyres.

Really like the car. Absolute steal at the price and hoping long term it will be a winner.

Hi folks,

Just got an mg5lr and I'm a complete novice with ev but had a couple quick questions:

1. Is it possible to check the battery capacity or if the car is an long range or standard? The wife charged the car to 96% and the max range showed as 186 miles. Is this a factor of the cold weather right now? Working the maths this would be close to the standard range rather than long range at max capacity. I suspect this is normal but want to check as the car is. Only days old.

2. Will getting a dash cam fitted affect the warranty?

3. How are the standard tyres in winter in Scotland? I'm thinking it might be an idea to get some winter tyres or all season tyres.

Really like the car. Absolute steal at the price and hoping long term it will be a winner.
1. Not sure about checking capacity, but if you reset the trip computer then the range should revert to 250 miles. Also, if you've got and adjustable boot floor, MG Pilot (the radar, camera and blue buttons on cruise control stalk, then it's an MG5LR).

2. Assuming you mean one wired in rather than just connected to USB, etc? I doubt is as it's common to do this on all cars but others might be able to advise.

3. I swapped tyres for a set of CrossClimate2, not really been cold enough to tell how they handle in the snow but generally feel there is less wheel spin in the wet. As an aside, sure I read somewhere that best to avoid KERs 3 in the snow, think that's similar advice to hard braking in general though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom