Radio cutting out with notifications

steve1973

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all
I am annoyed with the constant cutoff's of the radio with the notifications on my phone then having to manually turn the radio back on any known fixes apart from turn Bluetooth off which would be a lot easier if i didn't need it.

I suspect this might be an issue I'm getting pi$$ed off with. I thought it was just DAB radio crashing; so I was always resetting the head unit. Also occasionally switching to the sat nav screen for no reason after a bleep. Starting to suspect it's a phone notification thing but need to test it. Can you press play again on the radio and it works? Mine won't so may be different.

I suspect this might be an issue I'm getting pi$$ed off with. I thought it was just DAB radio crashing; so I was always resetting the head unit. Also occasionally switching to the sat nav screen for no reason after a bleep. Starting to suspect it's a phone notification thing but need to test it. Can you press play again on the radio and it works? Mine won't so may be different.
No mine is purely a matter of get a notification radio goes off press src on steering wheel to get it back which is an annoying issue for me. Especially when you get loads coming out of work but as said I need the phone connected.

Hi, mine does this, its so annoying. I asked my dealership and they were clueless. I often get them insinuating I am making things up ! They said they checked it but it didn't happen when they paired their phone. Just as a matter of interest I have an android (samsung)

Samething with both mine and wives phone (note 10 and s21)

Source changes to BT when phone receives a notification

Hi, mine does this, its so annoying. I asked my dealership and they were clueless. I often get them insinuating I am making things up ! They said they checked it but it didn't happen when they paired their phone. Just as a matter of interest I have an android (samsung)
Oh yes. A54 2023 not a happy customer with this issue.

In your phone Bluetooth connection for the car, press the gear icon and disable 'Media Audio'. Phone calls will still work but any other audio will be ignored.
Yes, this is correct & needs to be changed in the phone -is not the car/ The OP doesn't say, but this behaviour only applies to Android. iPhone works differently, does not interrupt but needs to be manually selected from the infotainment button to play music on the phone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom