• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Radio Module Disconnected!

newforest21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
The message 'Radio Module Disconnected' appeared a couple of days ago and I am now unable to change the radio channel at all - stuck with Greatest Hits radio.
Have looked through the manuals and there appears to be nothing about this problem.
Have done a reset and nothing has changed other than the loss of all saved stations etc as expected.
Has anyone come across this problem before?
Does it mean a frustarting trip to my dealer!

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 220
Well, after some further research the answer seems to be to disconnect the 12v battery, wait and reconnect.
All now working although saved programmes had to be re-saved.

You can also reset your infotainment screen, if you hold the home button for more then 15 seconds it will first show a clock and after that it will reset...i have to do this sometimes when it doesnot function as it should.

I've managed to fix my issue 'Radio Module Initialising', hopefully this may help you.

I tried removing the 12v battery terminal for 30minutes but didn't resolve the issue, unplugged the cables from the controller box(or whatever it is called) for 30 minutes didn't resolve the issue.

Updated firmware using the files from the link below and all back up and working again :)

Maybe this will help someone else :)

You can also reset your infotainment screen, if you hold the home button for more then 15 seconds it will first show a clock and after that it will reset...i have to do this sometimes when it doesnot function as it should.
Thank you for this it’s happened twice over weekend of bank holiday. Not good no music when going to Elam dam.

Thank you for this it’s happened twice over weekend of bank holiday. Not good no music when going to Elam dam.
It only stops the radio from working, you can still use a USB stick or Bluetooth

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom