MG ZS EV - Rain + Motorway = Terrifying Drive

Deleted member 10911

Reaction score
Well, I must say, in all the years of driving, with all the different safety features of different cars I have driven, I have never been terrified until today.

Driving on the motorway, in rain, no ACC active, apart from the LKA, which is wild at the best of times, travelling at 100km/h, no vehicles for quite some distance in front, the pedestrian brakes activate to bring the car to a stop and holy jumping s*** balls it causes all sorts of mayhem behind me.

I think I need a drink. And I don’t drink.

Talk about being kept on your toes.

edited to clarify distance to vehicle in front

Last edited:
That sounds terrifying, but why only a 30 metre gap at that speed? I haven’t (as yet) used ACC, but I think it’s designed for situations where you might be forced to drive more closely in heavy traffic.

That sounds terrifying, but why only a 30 metre gap at that speed? I haven’t (as yet) used ACC, but I think it’s designed for situations where you might be forced to drive more closely in heavy traffic.
Sorry, I should have been clearer, the next vehicle was quite some way away from me. So much so I would need to speed up to keep pace. I used 30 metres as a general guide, but it was a poor choice and have edited accordingly.

I've had a somewhat related incident three times, it was raining on the highway and after about 15~30 minutes of driving the car would tell me that ACC and the front camera were not available (it was the anomaly ring, not the obstacle beeps). It takes a car reboot to make it work again, I checked and both sensors were clean when I stopped.

I think I disabled auto breaking after my two low speed phantom braking occurence so maybe that's why my experience is different.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom