• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Range today

shawncullen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So, we went out for a 50 mile drive over to Talybont-on-Usk. Over two large mountains. Temperature was around 12 degrees but felt warmer in the sun. Car started on 100% and without heater on, starting range was 198 in Normal mode, KERS 3. I drove there and Jules drove back.

When we arrived we were on 146 miles left.

When we got home we were on 96 miles left.

Miles per kWh were 4.6.

Chuffed with that.

How’s everyone else doing?

What speeds were you doing, I have found when driving up and down steep hills and mountains that the car generates more electricity coming down than it uses to go up but this is purley anecdotal. We just drove a 100 mile round trip and worked out range to be 150 with 3.9 miles per kwh temp 8 degrees and mostly flat.

Average speeds were around 35-40 mph so not motorways - just country roads with spectacular views. You’re right about hills. The regen coming down was mightily impressive. Both of us were seeing an additional 5 miles of added range on the downhills!

So, we went out for a 50 mile drive over to Talybont-on-Usk. Over two large mountains. Temperature was around 12 degrees but felt warmer in the sun. Car started on 100% and without heater on, starting range was 198 in Normal mode, KERS 3. I drove there and Jules drove back.

When we arrived we were on 146 miles left.

When we got home we were on 96 miles left.

Miles per kWh were 4.6.

Chuffed with that.

How’s everyone else doing?
I have not had the chance to drive anything but local trips, the MG is showing 2.6 m/kwh but the other half 2016 KIA Soul is showing 3.9 as a driving average all through the winter. I reckon if you had used the Soul on your journey you would have got 6 m/kwh!

As I have mentioned earlier my range had improved somewhat since MG did the software updates and the battery reboot - 177 seems the best after charge but I do need a longer journey to put it to the test !!

I go over the Horse Shoe Pass on my way to family in Ruthin, I always end up gaining upto 9 miles of range using the mountain and judicious use of the KERS modes 😁 Add to that it's so much fun to drive over and it's my new go to route!

Beautiful route. I look forward to driving it soon.

As I have mentioned earlier my range had improved somewhat since MG did the software updates and the battery reboot - 177 seems the best after charge but I do need a longer journey to put it to the test !!
I consistently get 179 mile range after a full charge in ECO without HVAC on

I go over the Horse Shoe Pass on my way to family in Ruthin, I always end up gaining upto 9 miles of range using the mountain and judicious use of the KERS modes 😁 Add to that it's so much fun to drive over and it's my new go to route!
Maybe you are already aware, but there is brand new Pod Point 7kw posts at the Tesco store in Mold if you need to grab a quick “Top Up” on route !.

Maybe you are already aware, but there is brand new Pod Point 7kw posts at the Tesco store in Mold if you need to grab a quick “Top Up” on route !.
I didn't, cheers! Is it a free one?
There's a brand new ALDI in Ruthin and it's got 22kw chargers - not once have they worked 😡

Theres a rapid too at Morrison’s in wrexham and oswestry i think

There's a brand new ALDI in Ruthin and it's got 22kw chargers - not once have they worked 😡
whos chargers are they, a few times when charger fail via their apps on your phone, they work, if you have their key cards

They're New Motion. There's no app or anything you just plug in. I spoke to the manager a couple of times and he said they don't actually control them and there's nothing they can do but feedback they're not working.

I have a new Aldi near me with a 22kw charger tried many times and never worked with my ZS although other people with hyundai kia and tesla have left good feedback for it .i still can charge at another nearby Aldi on a podpoint 7kw with no problem at all . I just think it doesn't suit my ZS . I would like to hear about any more Mg owners using 22kw chargers .

A 22kw will only give max 7kw anyway as that is all the MG inverter will allow on AC

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom