• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Raspberry Pi 2040 board with canbus/OBD-II

speculatrix

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I don't mean to cross the streams, but many solar/PV inverters use canbus, and you can buy a cheap USB canbus adaptor off ebay for about £2, and connect it to your inverter and monitor it. There's scripts to control a Sofar hybrid inverter and link it to weather forecasts to change the time of day charging schedule, so you can charge up before dawn off Octopus Go (or Agile) if it's going to be dark rainy day and thus avoid buying peak rate energy.

I don't mean to cross the streams, but many solar/PV inverters use canbus, and you can buy a cheap USB canbus adaptor off ebay for about £2, and connect it to your inverter and monitor it. There's scripts to control a Sofar hybrid inverter and link it to weather forecasts to change the time of day charging schedule, so you can charge up before dawn off Octopus Go (or Agile) if it's going to be dark rainy day and thus avoid buying peak rate energy.
Do you have a link to one of these please? The ones I'm finding are around £20 (and up).

+1 for the Ghostbusters reference, by the way. 😁

I worry about how long a Pi based machine will take to boot up. It's not ideal if you can't jump in the car and drive right away. Maybe there are ways to speed up the bootstrap process these days.

Yeah there's plenty you can take out of the standard build to bring a pi up fairly instantly. 1.5s is doable, but I've never tried any of these things...yet :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom