Rear seat height - 21 ZS v 21 5sr?

Required

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I'm torn between two cars - both 21 Exclusive specs, one 5(SR) and one ZS.

The 5 obviously has more range, the ZS has better spec - so it's a draw.

The deciding factor is likely to come down to the height of the "sitting on" part of the rear seat from the ground. This is due to the back seat being the domain of a large mastiff. She's a dog with many fine qualities but, alas, her motivation to leap into the car can sometimes be lacking.

When I went to look at them I hadn't really thought of this issue so didn't have a measure up. I did sit in the back of both vehicles and the 5 "felt" higher but I suspect that might have just been "feels high for an estate" not actually high compared to the zs.

If anyone has any idea of the relative heights from the ground that would be much appreciated! I've had a look at various dimension diagrams but can't seem to see anything for this particular measurement.

It does, thanks - I'll have a measure up against my partner's yeti and see how it compares and then hopefully get the same measurement for a 5

Upvote 0
You're probably right but I've ended up ordering the zs so we'll have to see. The yeti works ok so it can't be too dissimilar you wouldn't think.

Upvote 0
The SR MG5s didn't have a lot of the safety features the ZS has.

Upvote 0
The rear seat height on my 5 SR is about 680mm.
Just seen this, looks like I missed a notification but thanks for the response. Less than 10cm in it by the sound of things so not as much as I'd expect.

As it happens there's a good chance I'll be buying a 5LR to go with the ZS as the previously mentioned Yeti has dumped its auto box all over the road so I'll get to check side by side!

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom