Rear windscreen wiper cover cap

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good afternoon when I opened the boot today the cap on the end of the wiper fell off I pushed it back but it looks like it won’t take much for it to fall off and it looks like a piece is missing as I can seen in where the wiper is bolted on.
Has this happened to anyone else ? Is it an easy fix ? Can I order a cap ? Any info much appreciated Who does mg ZS ev spares ?

Last edited:
Good afternoon when I opened the boot today the cap on the end of the wiper fell off I pushed it back but it looks like it won’t take much for it to fall off and it looks like a piece is missing as I can seen in where the wiper is bolted on.
Has this happened to anyone else ? Is it an easy fix ? Can I order a part new cap ? Any info much appreciated as I can’t find any info
Yes it’s happened to me a few times unfortunately, annoying but I just clip it back in.

I had the one on my MG5 pop off but it did re-attach.
The way it is secured didn't seem too robust.

Is there a gap where you can see inside ?? or have I lost a piece
Here is cap for the ZS ICE.
I imagine, it will be the same part for the EV model ?.
A quick call / message to the dealer will confirm.

Thanks bud I did see this just wasn’t sure if it was the same I will give them a shout
I think it will be the same as the ICE model.
I can't think of reason why it would be different ????????.

Here is cap for the ZS ICE.
I imagine, it will be the same part for the EV model ?.
A quick call / message to the dealer will confirm.

I think it will be the same as the ICE model.
I can't think of reason why it would be different ????????.
I can confirm it is the same, I replaced my broken cap with one from an ICE ZS

Another confirmation that the link to the ZS replacement cap above is good for the MG5 too.

Old and new parts side by side in the photos. Old is the top part - in the image of the rear you can see that one of the plastic clips had broken off which left the part flapping about on our car (most noticeable when the boot was closed).

I'm amazed it hadn't fallen off whilst driving actually, it was being held on by nothing other than gravity!

PXL_20211209_121724861.MP.jpg
PXL_20211209_121749754.jpg

The last time mine came adrift was when I jetwashed the car. Re-attached it and just made sure that any flow didn’t go through the gap. BTW I also had a problem with some thin blue foam strip popping out from the upper rim of the headlight assembly -must be some kind of seal.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom