• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Recommended wall box installers?

macd2401

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As per the title, wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding fitting a charging unit.

My original choice of a Hypervolt unit was met with almost total apathy from the companies I emailed, with only one reply, and that was to say they would only reply to a phone call 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Just wondering of peeps experiences in and around Glasgow/Lanarkshire.

Thanks.

As per the title, wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding fitting a charging unit.

My original choice of a Hypervolt unit was met with almost total apathy from the companies I emailed, with only one reply, and that was to say they would only reply to a phone call 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Just wondering of peeps experiences in and around Glasgow/Lanarkshire.

Thanks.
Hi macd2401 I have a Rolec unit fitted by Jorro from Fullerton Road Glasgow. They were very good.
6E7C91EE-94EB-4598-9239-ABF3F58CFC46.jpeg

Thanks.
I wanted my own electrician to install a Hypervolt and they wouldn't sell me one, said it had to go through one of their approved installers (they obviously guarantee that installer they can cover that area). My installation is super simple by the way.

Their approved installer quoted me £950, which I feel is a lot compared to others that have more functionality at the moment (e.g. Ohme Home Pro) who, if you live in the South East, quote £499 on the latest Octopus offer or £550 elsewhere.

This led me to look at other options unfortunately...

The more I look into wall boxes the more I think I'll stick with my granny charger. £220 to upgrade my power supply to 100amp + the cost of a wall box. I do roughly 12,000 a year that works out to 6 hours a day on a 2 kWh granny charger. I think I'll save the £700+ and spend it on something else.

It is difficult to justify. I am spending a small fortune getting a zappi installed. The only way I think about it is for the convenience. I also hope it will make my house more appealing when I eventually sell it.

Thanks.
I used PWS - did both my Hypervolt and my neighbours too. Did an excellent job and were recommended by Hypervolt.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom