Removing MG5 drive selector centre disc.

Wiggy25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anybody changed the silver centre disc on the drive selector? MG 5 pre-face lift.
The centre bit of the 'P' fell out, I've got the replacement disc which uses a self adhesive pad all the way round.
Will be a pig to try and peel it off in the car, so was thinking about taking the selector out so I could do it off the car, which would make it easier to remove and clean.
How do you remove it, has anybody tried?

Cheers

Ian

Hi
My son had his replaced under warranty in his zs it took 1 hour
They replaced the whole unit by taking apart the centre console
Hope this helps
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

That's what I thought, the replacement is just the metal disc which sticks to the control knob, as the adhesive is all the way round the disc it will be very hard to lift it off!
Which is why I think they remove the knob to make it easier to lift the disc, will need to have a think!

That's what I thought, the replacement is just the metal disc which sticks to the control knob, as the adhesive is all the way round the disc it will be very hard to lift it off!
Which is why I think they remove the knob to make it easier to lift the disc, will need to have a think!
Heat the know selected with a hair dryer to soften the glue it should lift off,?

Heat the know selected with a hair dryer to soften the glue it should lift off,?
Knob selecter

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom