MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

Thanks for that. I ordered an SE, so no rear cup holders for me. Didn’t really think that bit through properly.
When I was choosing which car to get, the dealer told me that the Trophy had just had the pano roof deleted. The other Trophy features didn’t seem to be that compelling. I’ve never had heated leather seats before so wouldn’t miss them. I didn’t need wireless phone charging.

The pano roof was really cool though. It was on the demo car that we test drove. Wish I could have got that.

When I was choosing which car to get, the dealer told me that the Trophy had just had the pano roof deleted. The other Trophy features didn’t seem to be that compelling. I’ve never had heated leather seats before so wouldn’t miss them. I didn’t need wireless phone charging.

The pano roof was really cool though. It was on the demo car that we test drove. Wish I could have got that.
There are dealers out there that still have the availability of the odd old spec Trophy, with the sunroof. A few were posted in one of these threads during the last week or so.

The thing is if you're not bothered about the other additional features, then the price jump to Trophy seems quite steep for just the roof, and the SE is well equipped.

Why the old style wheels? Winter tyres in Norway perhaps?
Look forward to his 1000 km challenge.

Last edited:
Bjorn has a lot of experience driving and comparing EV's, and he gives the ZS a very favourable review. :)
I thought it did quite well there considering he's not one to gush with praise, and I like to know the worst I can likely expect in winter. 1000km Challenge:

Why the old style wheels? Winter tyres in Norway perhaps?
Look forward to his 1000 km challenge.

I spotted the old style diamond cut alloys from the Gen 1 model, on the first video instantly !.
A slight difference in tyre size then ?.
Not a lot of difference on the 1000km challenge I guess “Sshhhiiiiiiittt”.

They probably fitted the right size for gen2 with winter tyres?
I don't think so. The odometer readings were way out which was due to the odd wheels I'd guess. He also inflated them to the door card pressure for the noise and acceleration tests which would over inflate them. No idea why they gave him those?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom