MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

I spotted this video and watched it last night.
I thought it was pretty fair in some places, but all the time I was watching it, I was thinking why put these two complete different styles of cars, in a back to back comparison ??.
Okay, the price point was FIARLY similar, but putting a low ride hatchback against a small SUV / Crossover and then to go on and make the point that the handling of the MG was not as good as the VW appeared to be an odd thing to do ???.
I mean come on !.
At least compare like for like.
It would be like comparing the cornering ability of a go kart, to the VW and stating that the VW was “Not as good in the corners” as the go kart.
No sh*t Sherlock !.
I have owned many VW cars over the years, and personally, I do think they build a good quality car.
My car before the first MG ZS EV was a top of the range Golf GTE and I loved it.
But comparing the VW to the ZS is going to difficult, because they are two completely different types of body style etc etc.
They even fit in the same box ????.
Sorry folks, but is it just me here, or have I missed the whole point of this back to back comparison video??.
It’s a chalk and cheese type thing really.
At least try to match up two similar small electric SUV’s against each other.
Arh ……. The penny has now dropped folks.
There it’s any !!!!.
Not at this price point anyway !.
Enough said then I guess.

Interesting to note, there was a handbook wallet in the glove compartment, like on the Gen1 version ?.
We don't get one here in the U.K. - It is stored in the head unit of the car.
I like the half size paper copy myself.

Interesting to note, there was a handbook wallet in the glove compartment, like on the Gen1 version ?.
We don't get one here in the U.K. - It is stored in the head unit of the car.
I like the half size paper copy myself.
It seems to be other European countries that get this so far - not sure about India.

For most items I'm not bothered about a manual, but for things like this it's much easier to have the guide in hand whist going through the operations on screen. They should put it on the MG shop for those that want it.

I like their reviews, I will be watching it later.
Thanks 😊.
I enjoy them too. He always talks good game about driving economically, then goes 70+ and hits the road in spirited fashion, which I think is closer to how most people would drive... always makes me smile :LOL:

It's interesting watching these reviews knowing the sunroof is not going to be there anymore.

And a PoV for those of us still without their cars, but want to pretend they've arrived 😖:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom