Rex Gorell MG - Geelong West - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

3 weeks ago, my partner and I visited this dealership to test drive the ZS EV.

They were courteous and friendly and organised for the car to be moved from showroom and gave us a good run down of the car (first drive in EV) which was appreciative.

They were very firm on only allowing us to drive for 15-20mins in car.....I wanted to be allowed longer to give it a good test on the highway and on the dual highway via the ring road. By the time we even got to the off ramp, we had to turn around. Might try and see if we can go again.

We did happen to dirty the car a bit due to the some local development works muddying the road but they were fine with it thankfully.

They were fairly busy with only 2 salespersons on the floor so bit of wait to get their attention.

As nice as they were, I do feel they weren't very interested even though we are semi-serious buyers.

We are still awaiting on call back from their business manager/financial team about discussing financing, but we'll probably just use our own finances anyway but still would've been nice if they kept their word to call.

Also I really wanted to know about what sort of accessories were available....the Australian website is very basic with little information and you need to submit a form to request it. No download or e-brochure available and features list on car doesn't touch on it. They called me to discuss and got virtually nothing out of them. I wanted a brochure to check out what is available in Aust. Like this from the EU website. HERE

Salesperson kept pushing us to place an order which we both didn't really appreciate....a bit of subtly would help mask the need to get a sale.

This will be the first car we get straight from Dealer (due to lack of 2nd hand EV options in Australia at the moment)....if we decide to go with it, at the moment, whilst not being a disaster the experience so far hasn't been an overly pleasurable one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom