Richard Hardie Sunderland - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Dealt with Ashton Lally. He was great to deal with unlike most salesmen. Not pushy at all, got a few hundred quid extra for part ex, and threw a mug in too.

Also purchased from Ashton on December 22, but apparently he's left now.

Purchase was no bother, apart from some snow which delayed delivery.

Had a rattle in the dash of the ZS, which took a couple of visits to get sorted, but they did in the end. The second visit the technician seemed much more clued up, as he straight away suggested the two possible causes and the solutions, rather than 'packing' around the vague area of the dash that happened on the first visit.

However, on the first visit, where they'd removed the A pillar trim, a few black greasy marks had appeared on the roof lining. This meant another trip back to get sorted, which it wasn't, so then a third. A bit disappointing that it was sorted when it was done.

There was also quite a bit of swirling caused by machine polishing on the rear quarter panel, they had 2 separate attempts at getting it out, but couldn't. A couple of the service staff weren't very good and kind of shrugged their shoulders saying it was the best they could do, but once I started with a few firmer words about how I wasn't accepting it on a brand new car, the service manager (I think) agreed, and they sent it to an external detailer for a day and paid for a full professional detail inside and out. It came back as new.

Seems like it's getting the right person at this dealership, there are some good ones in there.

Booked in to fix a fault with a Tyre pressure sensor on my MG4 not reading on front passenger tyre after 5-10 minutes of driving. Told there were 3 recalls, which I agreed to have done. Also offered a service as car was at the 1 year old mark.

I was told the service would include a software update and the car is currently on 1100R08.

When I picked the car up luckily I had a photo of the software version - as it was clear no software update was done.

I was not happy with this but was told to bring back the car in 2 weeks(!) for the update - the earliest they had an appointment.

Driving home the tyre pressure sensor still had the same issue on the same tyre.

It was nice to get the recalls done, but the whole reason I went there was the Tyre pressure sensor, which was not resolved, and I feel like I got ripped off with the service.

I think next time I have an issue I will go to Durham

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom