Sandicliffe MG Loughborough - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

My long range MG5 Excite had its first service this week (13k miles). I was impressed with the advertising for Sandicliffe MG at Loughborough (UK East Midlands) and decided to give it a try even though I bought the car elsewhere and I also have another MG dealership just around the corner. Probably one of my best decisions. The extremely busy and highly efficient Magdalena on reception was excellent, asked if I wanted the car washed afterwards (I thought this particular treat was extinct) and the next thing I knew I was being offered a complementary hot drink and breakfast voucher for their cafe. Yes, that's right, a proper cafe, in a car dealership (how many of those have you come across?). The service video appeared on my phone in no time at all and I was still watching it when Magdalena came to the cafe and gave me the paperwork (correct, she came to me). And the highlight? A proper, printed, MG5 Maintenance Check Sheet, on two sides of A4, and none of this "it's all on the system" nonsense I hear mentioned so often on this forum. I can't recommend Sandicliffe at Loughborough highly enough. The cafe's great, the car's so clean it looks as though it's just been delivered, and if at some dim and distant point in the future I sell it privately (as I probably will) I've got hard copy service paperwork for its next owner.

My long range MG5 Excite had its first service this week (13k miles). I was impressed with the advertising for Sandicliffe MG at Loughborough (UK East Midlands) and decided to give it a try even though I bought the car elsewhere and I also have another MG dealership just around the corner. Probably one of my best decisions. The extremely busy and highly efficient Magdalena on reception was excellent, asked if I wanted the car washed afterwards (I thought this particular treat was extinct) and the next thing I knew I was being offered a complementary hot drink and breakfast voucher for their cafe. Yes, that's right, a proper cafe, in a car dealership (how many of those have you come across?). The service video appeared on my phone in no time at all and I was still watching it when Magdalena came to the cafe and gave me the paperwork (correct, she came to me). And the highlight? A proper, printed, MG5 Maintenance Check Sheet, on two sides of A4, and none of this "it's all on the system" nonsense I hear mentioned so often on this forum. I can't recommend Sandicliffe at Loughborough highly enough. The cafe's great, the car's so clean it looks as though it's just been delivered, and if at some dim and distant point in the future I sell it privately (as I probably will) I've got hard copy service paperwork for its next owner.
When I was shopping round for a first service on my ZS 2 Sandicliffe in Nottingham quoted me £129 MORE than the dealer I chose in Stockport - RRG - and that included an excellent friendly receptionist and first class coffee (plus another teddy and AA for the year) - £39. How much did your service cost?

When I was shopping round for a first service on my ZS 2 Sandicliffe in Nottingham quoted me £129 MORE than the dealer I chose in Stockport - RRG - and that included an excellent friendly receptionist and first class coffee (plus another teddy and AA for the year) - £39. How much did your service cost?
Sounds as though you got a really good price. Mine was 208 (including air con refresh) for 13k miles. I thought they stopped doing the teddies quite a while ago!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom