Satnav Display

kenrainforth

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I would appreciate any views or comments on the MG ZS EV (2022) satnav display. Mine works fine and I'm generally pleased with it. I just find the very dark, almost black background on the screen very bland and not as visually appealing as say, for instance, Google maps, Sygic or Waze. The graphics on these are more colourful and easier to read as a display than the satnav fitted on my MG. Am I doing something wrong or can the display be adjusted for colour? Comments or advice would be appreciated.

I would appreciate any views or comments on the MG ZS EV (2022) satnav display. Mine works fine and I'm generally pleased with it. I just find the very dark, almost black background on the screen very bland and not as visually appealing as say, for instance, Google maps, Sygic or Waze. The graphics on these are more colourful and easier to read as a display than the satnav fitted on my MG. Am I doing something wrong or can the display be adjusted for colour? Comments or advice would be appreciated.
Post a picture up for us to see.

I think you may have it set in Dark Mode, I believe it is possible to change display settings to day mode

Thank you jusher, how do you adjust the mode?
Hi Kenrainforth, I still am waiting to get my ZS but looking in the user manual, with car on, use arrows on right side of steering wheel, you should be able to scroll to settings. I think this is where you will find Luminance setting.

At last! Found it okay now, and yes, it was on dark mode. I did look through the manual a few times but could not find it.
So, thanks again, hopefully the display will be much better for me. Thanks again jusher.

Are you using the manual on the screen, or a hard copy? I think that I would find it difficult to read the screen manual and scroll through the menus looks like I might have to splash out on a hard copy. Where do I buy one.
?

Are you using the manual on the screen, or a hard copy? I think that I would find it difficult to read the screen manual and scroll through the menus looks like I might have to splash out on a hard copy. Where do I buy one.
?
Hard copy as I would also find it difficult to use the screen version except if I'm parked up at home for instance. Not sure that you can buy an official hard copy, but there are decent ones you can pick up off the internet and they certainly make it easier to browse through while sitting at a PC. Sorry that I don't have the link that I used anymore, but they are easy to find with an internet search.

I used print-my-pdf.com, who were reasonably priced and provided a very quick service. However, I now have the manual on the kindle app on my iPad, which is even better and easier (for me) than flicking through pages of print. The print service above is only b&w, and having colour via the iPad for the various symbols is very much appreciated.
Beware manuals on auction sites - they are not for 2022 models.

Last edited:
Hard copy as I would also find it difficult to use the screen version except if I'm parked up at home for instance. Not sure that you can buy an official hard copy, but there are decent ones you can pick up off the internet and they certainly make it easier to browse through while sitting at a PC. Sorry that I don't have the link that I used anymore, but they are easy to find with an internet search.
Please see below, this is from the mg website https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/files/2021-11/New MG ZS EV Owner Manual.pdf. You may be able to print this
New%20MG%20ZS%20EV%20Owner%20Manual.pdf

Please see below, this is from the mg website https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/files/2021-11/New MG ZS EV Owner Manual.pdf. You may be able to print this
New%20MG%20ZS%20EV%20Owner%20Manual.pdf
I used print-my-pdf.com, who were reasonably priced and provided a very quick service. However, I now have the manual on the kindle app on my iPad, which is even better and easier (for me) than flicking through pages of print. The print service above is only b&w, and having colour via the iPad for the various symbols is very much appreciated.
Beware manuals on auction sites - they are not for 2022 models.
I have the same problem. How did you get the manual on the kindle app on your Ipad. I tried to do this with no success. Thanks

I have the same problem. How did you get the manual on the kindle app on your Ipad. I tried to do this with no success. Thanks
Did you open the link and then use the share option to send the file to Kindle?

As @Nutnut said - use the ‘share’, then the ‘more’ and then select Kindle from the drop-down box. Once you have the manual on the app, tapping top left brings up a block of squares bottom left. Tapping that brings up thumbnails of all the pages in the manual, making it easier to find the pages/sections you need.

Managed to download as suggested. Did you manage to get the the pdf for the Navigation Manual? I am new to the site having taken delivery of a MG ZS Trophy. Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom