• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Secret Menu? Dealer/Engineering/Deep Settings/Customisation

westfa

Novice Member
Reaction score
is there a dealer/secret menu that can be accessed to change more settings ...

For example my Dads Audi A5 had the MMI hidden green menu enabled by Script or VCDS which let you customise lots of settings
My 2012 kia had a secret menu accessible by touching the screen in a correct sequence/holding buttons which led you to an extended menu
In the 2017 kia you accessed it by 7 presses on the lower section of the screen and got full access to the android OS which let you run the diagnostic apps etc

I'm sure there must be, I've noticed some other owners have tyre pressures shown in PSI, whereas mine are in BAR, so there must be an options menu somewhere to change things!

I can help you with that it is in setting under units where you can adjust from mph to kph too. It’s not hidden.

real men.jpg

The Prius hidden menu is accessed by, Holding the MENU button down and turning the headlamps on and off 4 times.
There's also an Android app called CARISTA that works with a simple bluetooth dongle that plugs into the OBD socket and lets you change thing that are usually dealer only, not sure if it works with the MG as it's not in their supported vehicles list yet.

Hi Kithmo, I have a Prius 4 PHV. Does this hidden menu trick work for my car and what stuff is accessible?

The Prius hidden menu is accessed by, Holding the MENU button down and turning the headlamps on and off 4 times.
There's also an Android app called CARISTA that works with a simple bluetooth dongle that plugs into the OBD socket and lets you change thing that are usually dealer only, not sure if it works with the MG as it's not in their supported vehicles list yet.
Carista is good, I use it to play around with the settings on my car in Canada (non MMI Audi) was great to enable all doors opening when you press the unlock button - who is going to hijack you in the land of maple syrup :) .... I didn't think they were supporting EV's - hopefully they add the MG ... I assumed for some reason the EV's would not have OBD ... I know the Automatic adaptors always said they wouldn't work with EV's - would be great to enable long press on open/close to open/close windows etc and just play with settings

I did have a play trying to find the settings ... it feels like the scenes where police are looking for the secret compartment releases in movies!

The Prius hidden menu is not much use, Carista has quite a few settings you can change. I altered the overtaking/lane changing indicator flashes from 3 to 4, turned the constant beeping in reverse to one beep and adjusted the sensitivity of the auto headlights. PHV should be the same.

I don't know if it works for the EV version, but the base MG ZS wich is sold where I live has a engineering mode wich is accesible by doing doing this:

1. Turn off the AC and go to the headunit's home screen
  2. Go to the Music/FM tile > Audio > EQ Settings
  3. From left to right, set the EQ to the following values: 0, 0, +8, 0, -4
  4. Return to the main menu
  5. Go to the Music/FM tile > Audio > Sound Settings (where you set the sound distribution)
  6. Enable 3D sound and set the following values: Front-Back: 5, Left-right: -2
  7. Go back to EQ settings and press the lower left corner of this section for 5-10 seconds (next to the back arrow).
  8. Engineering mode will appear and lots of buttons will appear. From here we can change units (C to F, PSI to BAR, etc.), language, reset the headunit settings, reconfigure the canbus settings, enable more speakers , etc.
  9. From here you should proceed with extreme caution because most toggles and options are in chinese, and some of them may break the system and need a headunit replacement. Google Translate camera feature is strongly suggested here.

source (From a Mexican MG owners page):

I don't know if it works for the EV version, but the base MG ZS wich is sold where I live has a engineering mode wich is accesible by doing doing this:

1. Turn off the AC and go to the headunit's home screen
  2. Go to the Music/FM tile > Audio > EQ Settings
  3. From left to right, set the EQ to the following values: 0, 0, +8, 0, -4
  4. Return to the main menu
  5. Go to the Music/FM tile > Audio > Sound Settings (where you set the sound distribution)
  6. Enable 3D sound and set the following values: Front-Back: 5, Left-right: -2
  7. Go back to EQ settings and press the lower left corner of this section for 5-10 seconds (next to the back arrow).
  8. Engineering mode will appear and lots of buttons will appear. From here we can change units (C to F, PSI to BAR, etc.), language, reset the headunit settings, reconfigure the canbus settings, enable more speakers , etc.
  9. From here you should proceed with extreme caution because most toggles and options are in chinese, and some of them may break the system and need a headunit replacement. Google Translate camera feature is strongly suggested here.

source (From a Mexican MG owners page):

That's interesting, appears to be some new hidden bits I've never seen mentioned before - and the first lot of buttons are in english

Hi Kithmo, I have a Prius 4 PHV. Does this hidden menu trick work for my car and what stuff is accessible?
Yes, I can't remember what else was on it now but I used it to check the 12v battery voltage.

is there a dealer/secret menu that can be accessed to change more settings ...

For example my Dads Audi A5 had the MMI hidden green menu enabled by Script or VCDS which let you customise lots of settings
My 2012 kia had a secret menu accessible by touching the screen in a correct sequence/holding buttons which led you to an extended menu
In the 2017 kia you accessed it by 7 presses on the lower section of the screen and got full access to the android OS which let you run the diagnostic apps etc
Only thing I'd like to change is Eco setting as default not Normal....I'm going to have RSI in 7yrs time!

Yes, I can't remember what else was on it now but I used it to check the 12v battery voltage.
Going off piste but I have one of these plugged in permanently;

KIKAR 4-in-1 QC 3.0 Dual USB Car Charger, Battery Voltage Meter, Current Monitor, Emergency Safety Hammer Window Glass Breaker, Ammeter Voltmeter Gauge, 12V 24V Cigarette Lighter Socket Fast Charging Amazon product ASIN B07ZYW9FT7

Going off piste but I have one of these plugged in permanently;

KIKAR 4-in-1 QC 3.0 Dual USB Car Charger, Battery Voltage Meter, Current Monitor, Emergency Safety Hammer Window Glass Breaker, Ammeter Voltmeter Gauge, 12V 24V Cigarette Lighter Socket Fast Charging Amazon product ASIN B07ZYW9FT7
The 12v socket isn't visible from the driver's seat on the ZS, it's under the centre console towards the passenger side. :(

The 12v socket isn't visible from the driver's seat on the ZS, it's under the centre console towards the passenger side. :(
Mine too but I've got other stuff to plug in (radar detector, screen camera, seperate gps) and use something like this (prob got mine in Aldi) and double side tape it to the side of the central console.

Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger, 120W 2-Way Cigarette Lighter Splitter DC 12V Power Adapter Socket Extension with Dual USB Quick Chargers for Sat Nav,Dashcam, iPhones, iPad, Android,laptop and More… Amazon product ASIN B08R7P8WW2

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom