Service plan

FrenchGuillaume

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi guys, I received a call today for a service plan, what are your thoughts about it and did someone got it, is it worth it?

Don’t see the point, they charge you more if you go for monthly payments - only cheaper if paid in one lump sum, which is a risk as MG dealers are a new network, the money goes to the dealer rather than MG, if they fold your money is gone.
Had a look when I bought mine, but the costs of service is not high and the saving is so small, I rather just PAYG.

You don't have to make an instant decision as you have a year to make up your mind (assuming your first service is triggered by time rather than distance).

Thank you for your advice guys, I think I will take more time to look about it, it is a bit of pressure you just bought a new car and you don't much about this, you just want to enjoy your new car.
Thanks

You're right, it all about money and if they wouldn't make money they wouldn't offer it
Thanks

What was the offer? Check out what you'd pay for services vs. what the years worth of monthly payments is. I was offered a tenner a month, which equates to 120 for an annual service. Tempted.

Don't forget that includes breakdown cover. I got mine for just over £9.00 month. The breakdown cover would cost a fair proportion of this so to me it's a no brainer for the peace of mind

I didn’t get the service plan initially but a month later. I only do low mileage so got the low mileage plan. MG were advertising £6 per month so rang them and got it even cheaper if I paid in advance for 3 years.
As I see it for that price I get a service every year for 3 years and AA recovery for 3 years too. The AA coverage would be about that on it’s own.
So it’s a no brainer for me, but each to their own

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom