Shell Recharge rapid charging customer satisfaction poll - share your experiences

How would you rate your experience of rapid charging with Shell Recharge?

• Excellent

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Good

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
How would you rate your experience charging with Shell Recharge chargers?
If you have used their chargers, please vote on the poll.
And if you have any additional comments to make, please reply in this thread.
Thanks

I have only rapid charged my MG5 once just to make sure the DC side of things worked. I went to my local Shell station where there are 2 X 50Kw chargers. One charger wouldn't charge at all, didn't even recognise my car was plugged in. The second charger worked fine and I paid by credit card no problem at all.

Only used the one charger (A1 Newark) twice and no issues at all, easy peasy.

They're contactless and RFID from the off, with a decent billing system, something esoteric providers don't do from the off, unlike polar or Genie example. I've never had a problem with Shell.

BTW. They're largely farmed out and run by Allego, there's a few "in-house" with Newmotion, with the latest fleet to be rolled out by Osprey.

Last edited:
I used a Shell Recharge unit in France. The charger & experience was excellent however . . .

A few weeks later I was emailed a bill to pay! Seemed my credit card had expired, so I updated it.

Emailed them, called then (phone line blank) & tweeted them, but still the bill is unpaid and nobody responds!

Their app is from the dark ages!

I have a Shell Recharge card but I've only used it once, on an Ionity charger. It started the charge immediately, everything was fine, and a little later I was sent an itemised account as well as the money being debited from my account.

I have a Shell Recharge card but I've only used it once, on an Ionity charger. It started the charge immediately, everything was fine, and a little later I was sent an itemised account as well as the money being debited from my account.
It's the debiting bit that's yet to happen!

Their problem, not yours.

I've used a certain Blink AC charging station four times and only been debited twice. (The first one they missed was peanuts, but the second was a charge from 20% to 100%.) I had a Gridserve die on me while I was charging (but after it had given me enough to get home, thank you) and never got a bill. I had a ChargePlace Scotland AC charger decide that my car hadn't received any charge and they even cancelled the £1 connection fee. Meanwhile the actual car had gone from 75% to 100% charge.

Seems to be a little-advertised perk of EV driving.

Only used one once a few years ago. Shell Swansea Bay at Neath. A small petrol station, with just the one charger. Contactless payment worked fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom