MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Don't want to ruffle any feathers but Richard Hardie Silverlink just called to say our car (White ZS EV Trophy LR) arrived today... ordered 5th April this year with 'expected' delivery 30th June. Should be picking up next Monday!

edit: FWIW build/reg date on docs showing as 04/04/2022 which is day before we ordered......

Last edited:
Don't want to ruffle any feathers but Richard Hardie Silverlink just called to say our car (White ZS EV Trophy LR) arrived today... ordered 5th May this year with 'expected' delivery 30th June. Should be picking up next Monday!

edit: FWIW build/reg date on docs showing as 04/04/2022 which is day before we ordered......
So many feathers ruffled! Congrats on the car. Pretty sure you got a ghost car and not because it’s white.

1653569127950.png

As Victor Meldrew would say; "I don't believe it!"

Feathers ruffled. :)

Enjoy your car, and please feedback your experiences.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers but Richard Hardie Silverlink just called to say our car (White ZS EV Trophy LR) arrived today... ordered 5th May this year with 'expected' delivery 30th June. Should be picking up next Monday!

Build / Reg Date 04/04/2022 Pickup 30/05/2022 how is this possible ????

So frustrating it's just so many opposites going on Dec Jan orders with no dates poss no production then Apr may orders turning up in a hand full of weeks
It really blows my mind 🤯
If it’s any consolation, my April order won’t be arriving in weeks. I just got told no change to my date of September and the dealer knew that without checking the system.

I’m guessing with all the stock and cancelled orders they have had. It’s just too much for MG to try and then allocate it to whomever in the country has the longest order. No doubt if that was a stock order that’s later been assigned then there’s no guarantee that is the customer who ordered the earliest. Either that or the dealers are continuing to just switch to another customer on the risk that it’s unlikely MG are going to check the DVLA records against each order form for 15000 orders.

My MG dealer from Hyundai Guilford has inform me today the delays has now been extended from mid March to late May. But now to August/September! What an earth is going on has the ship sunk or is it just the case of a very slow boat with sails from China?

My MG dealer from Hyundai Guilford has inform me today the delays has now been extended from mid March to late May. But now to August/September! What an earth is going on has the ship sunk or is it just the case of a very slow boat with sails from China?
The problem exists before anything hits a boat. It's down to manufacturing.

Cancelled order wouldn't explain Build to Dealer Handover in under 2 Months.
It takes only about 48 actual hours to build a car (and a lot of that is paint drying time). for a car to go from build to delivery in two months is what I would say "spot on" however, we know that is not the case with MG lol... I would say that the dates are wrong as the original poster states that the build/reg date was the day before they ordered, and they ordered on 5th May, meaning the reg date would be 4th May not April. My conclusion is that the likely scenario here is a misunderstanding between terminology likely used at the dealer they ordered from and that the "build" date is something fictional that they pulled out of the air to make it sound like they were pulling all the stops to get them their car. The other and more likely scenario is that the car they are getting is actually a cancelled order that was destined for another customer, and it happens to be the same spec and colour so they don't need to change anything on the system

This was my reply from the dealership (albeit car ordered through a lease company in March 2022)
"Currently MG have closed ordering for the ZS EV due to the extended lead times. They have closed it so they can control and reduce the current lead times for the orders they have.
At the moment they are shorting out the production schedule and moving stuff around to try and improve the lead times.
So due to this unfortunately your order could be pushed back to November potentially. But we won't know until production is confirmed."

It takes only about 48 actual hours to build a car (and a lot of that is paint drying time). for a car to go from build to delivery in two months is what I would say "spot on" however, we know that is not the case with MG lol... I would say that the dates are wrong as the original poster states that the build/reg date was the day before they ordered, and they ordered on 5th May, meaning the reg date would be 4th May not April. My conclusion is that the likely scenario here is a misunderstanding between terminology likely used at the dealer they ordered from and that the "build" date is something fictional that they pulled out of the air to make it sound like they were pulling all the stops to get them their car. The other and more likely scenario is that the car they are getting is actually a cancelled order that was destined for another customer, and it happens to be the same spec and colour so they don't need to change anything on the system
Agh my bad, have corrected…

Ordered: 05/04/2022 (April, not May as I wrote)
Build date on docs: 04/04/2022 (day before actually ordered)
Est delivery when ordered: 30/06/2022
Actual delivery: 30/05/2022

My guess would be a ‘for stock’ order for the dealership that was then assigned to myself on arrival perhaps

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom