• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

First post on here, fascinating reading so far. Or should that be frustrating!
Ordered ZS Trophy LR this week through leasing company. Next day I get this email:

I am contacting you following an update we have obtained today, from MG.

We have over 400 MG cars on order and majority of these were in fact ordered last year and had originally been expected to arrive this July, which in turn then changed to September onwards.

I am really sorry that we now have to email you with further news.We have now been informed via our supplying Dealership that MG are unable to confirm any build dates at this present time, unfortunately this will cause a significant delay to your order.

Due to the current global shortages in semi-conductors and wiring looms (as a result of the current War ongoing in the Ukraine and the more recent Government imposed shutdown in Shanghai) this has resulted in build constraints affecting a number of manufacturers.

As it stands, all of our orders have no build dates against them.Based on our experience, I believe the worst case scenario could be Quarter 1, 2023. However, MG have in fact closed their new order banks to allow focus on the orders already received.This means that they could catch up and we may find that cars could get built and start to arrive sooner but we would just need to monitor this closely and update you accordingly.

We are writing this email as a follow up to confirm that MG have put a pause on production of their vehicles,
Since there is quite a long pipeline for Chinese cars delivered to the UK, it sounds like there will be a drought in deliveries in 2-3 months time.

The current trickle of deliveries may continue for a month or two as the pipeline empties.

Thought I'd seen a brand new deep red MG ZS on the road yesterday and thought to myself.. they must be finally be delivering some. Saw it again 5 minutes later and noticed who the driver was..... Miles. So glad I cancelled.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers but Richard Hardie Silverlink just called to say our car (White ZS EV Trophy LR) arrived today... ordered 5th April this year with 'expected' delivery 30th June. Should be picking up next Monday!

edit: FWIW build/reg date on docs showing as 04/04/2022 which is day before we ordered......
Richard Hardie must be on the ball. Just got the same call from the Sunderland dealership. Due to be picked up Monday!

Popped into the dealership this morning, just to say, I’d have a black ZS LR if one came before the silver one, I ordered…not holding my breath…

Richard Hardie must be on the ball. Just got the same call from the Sunderland dealership. Due to be picked up Monday!
Looking forward to see you driving around Sunderland, I am currently being told late September from a March order.

1653645339670.png

latest update

Car is at dealers for in - inspection and prep. Collect Tues 31 May! I'll post an update once I have had it fo a week or so. I must say I have found this forum really useful in preparing myself for it.
Woohoo just had my call from Richard Hardie, Ashington, picking car up on Wednesday 1st of June :D
Tues 31 for me, same dealership, see you around, mines black.

Car is at dealers for in - inspection and prep. Collect Tues 31 May! I'll post an update once I have had it fo a week or so. I must say I have found this forum really useful in preparing myself for it.

Tues 31 for me, same dealership, see you around, mines black.
Nice one mines also Black SR Trophy

Once again I've chased Nathanials up as I've not heard a peep.

They've advised it's currently at sea with EST delivery mid to end of July.

I hope this is correct, as I don't think they'd make a bold assumption like that if it weren't true.

For info I placed my order in December, it's. SR black.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom