MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

If MG loaded the ship, there may be more than just 4's on there.
Order books open in September, but many dealers are taking £99 pre-orders (waiting list)
Yes it will likely be the same story - in initial shipment followed by long lead times...

Just had a nice chat with my dealer. Was being honest and said I wouldn’t get an MG4 before my ZS arrives, even if I preorder it. Although I have done it anyway (as I’ll need a second ev to replace the Ice).

He was reading directly from an email update he’s had about a few different bits of info from MG, the main one being…between 11th August and Mid September theres 8 ships coming in to the UK with 10,000 cars on - a decent mix of cars, including ZS LRs, MG3, MG4 & HS’s.

So sounds promising! :)

Ordered in march 22 from a broker who said they have a delivery for September.

Follow up today that the car is on the way and is on the ship and should be here at the end of the month for a September delivery.

How do I check they are telling me the truth

Black SE LR
You could ask your dealer for the 10 digit order number, starting 30000xxxxx and then email MGUK with the number to see what they say.

Just had a nice chat with my dealer. Was being honest and said I wouldn’t get an MG4 before my ZS arrives, even if I preorder it.
My dealer said the same. He had no further gen to impart re the shipping over the next 6 weeks, however this was last week.

Hi Vic,

Good news! Your car has now been built.

We are expecting it to arrive in October.

Closer to the time I will have more accurate information so I will keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience
🫰🏻🫰🏻🫰🏻🫰🏻😂

My order number is is just over 73000 so by deduction 23000 MG cars were sold between 9th December and 6th January ?

Interesting to know the order numbers- I wonder if we can deduce delivery order from that?! but in 2021 they sold ~30k cars (~50% EVs)

MG Motor UK breaks all records as sales pass 30,000 in 2021

28,149 so far in 2022 in the UK, apparently. Surely the figures in the article are only for orders placed, not cars delivered! :ROFLMAO:
MG outsells Skoda, Mini in UK to become 12th largest brand | Autocar

28,149 so far in 2022 in the UK, apparently. Surely the figures in the article are only for orders placed, not cars delivered! :ROFLMAO:
MG outsells Skoda, Mini in UK to become 12th largest brand | Autocar
Just read the article, this bit particularly makes me laugh....

"The overall new-car market has dropped 12% since the beginning of the year as car makers struggled to supply demand.

MG was one of the few to capitalise on the supply constriction, along with Hyundai (up 27%), Kia (up 21%) and Dacia (up 81%).

MG’s apparent immunity from the shortfall in semiconductor chips suggests its parent company is prioritising sales in Europe."

I would HATE to think what wait times are like during a period where MG arent immune in that case 😂 😂

Just read the article, this bit particularly makes me laugh....

"The overall new-car market has dropped 12% since the beginning of the year as car makers struggled to supply demand.

MG was one of the few to capitalise on the supply constriction, along with Hyundai (up 27%), Kia (up 21%) and Dacia (up 81%).

MG’s apparent immunity from the shortfall in semiconductor chips suggests its parent company is prioritising sales in Europe."

I would HATE to think what wait times are like during a period where MG arent immune in that case 😂 😂
Utter rubbish.

So was out and about today and called into see a Nero EV, asked price and when I could get one if I ordered now, told £35k plus paint and it would be here November, ok he didn’t say what year..maybe something to look at next time around..

So was out and about today and called into see a Nero EV, asked price and when I could get one if I ordered now, told £35k plus paint and it would be here November, ok he didn’t say what year..maybe something to look at next time around..
You mean a Kia e Niro?

Well yes, I think in hindsight I think a few of us would have chosen different 8 months plus ago.

I would have had my eC4 if I would have stuck with that in January.

it’s not called that anymore, it’s now a Niro EV…
At last after 9 month waiting its sat on my drive MG ZS TROPHY LR. Stunning motor.
They do exist they are not unicorns.

Attachments

• 20220805_182013.jpg
    20220805_182013.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 212
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom