MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Update from my lease company RGW contracts

“Your vehicle is on a ship that is due to arrive at UK Port on 2nd September. We are expecting delivery to be around 2 weeks after this.”

I only got this after I chased for an update today. I ordered the car in July 2022. I am very (pleasantly) surprised they have said such an early date.

My car is a black SE LR.

Will update you if this becomes reality.

According to the tracker on this site you did jump the queue. Dealers are not providing cars on a first come first served basis. I'd suggest they are serving their most profitable customers first (retail, no discount, financed by the dealer etc)

Luscombe have admitted making cars available for new customers ahead of existing customers so I don't buy into their 'we are one of the good guys' pitch.
I’m on a lease & ordered in Jan, doesn’t necessarily follow

Update from my lease company RGW contracts

“Your vehicle is on a ship that is due to arrive at UK Port on 2nd September. We are expecting delivery to be around 2 weeks after this.”

I only got this after I chased for an update today. I ordered the car in July 2022. I am very (pleasantly) surprised they have said such an early date.

My car is a black SE LR.

Will update you if this becomes reality.
Fingers crossed for you Sinha.

It certainly seems the Trophy’s and connects are the ones seemingly having issues with build / delivery.

Whilst I had a loan of a ZS Trophy SE, it was a great car to drive and also experience, even my wife loved it.

I was very late to the party and ordered a LRT in red in June. Having been on this forum for a while, and seeing many whom have ordered last year, it was becoming increasingly apparent, my car would be April/May next year at the earliest. With this in mind, and like some others, I have switched to hopefully be an early adopter of the MG4. Fingers crossed this will be on my drive soon.

How do you know if there are any MG’s on board?
You can monitor Shanghai dock - there are two spaces that are close to the MG multi-storey car park. If the ship docks here we can determine the time in dock and also how the draft of the ship changes between arriving and departing.
We do not know what models are on board, but if all of the above check out then there is a good chance that MG’s are on board.
If a ship is due to arrive at Portbury and it has not been anywhere near Shanghai then then chance of an MG being on board is very low - although we do know one member of the forum had a car that was unloaded in Holland and PDI’d there and then sent on another ship to Portbury so it is all just a finger in the air.

Over the last few weeks there has only been a couple of ships that have visited Shanghai that arrived at Portbury. Looking forwards there are a few already for September.

Last edited:
As we know Titus arrived on Sunday 21st Aug and was allocated an anchorage to the East of the Isle of Wight called the NAB.

It was scheduled to berth on the Itchen Moorings on 27th Aug (tomorrow)

This has been updated on Southampton VTS.

It is now due to leave NAB on 29th Aug at 9am, Berth on Itchen river at 11.30am, then depart Southampton on 31st Aug at 8pm heading for Zeebrugge.

If it is going to be on a berth for over 2 days there may be a few MG’s on board on top of the MG4’s photo being loaded?

I'm suddenly unsure that one of either Michigan Highway or Eurasian Highway will be carrying MGs.
Apparently, GWM shipped the first batch of UK-spec Ora Cats from Shanghai around the time they sailed.

I'm suddenly unsure that one of either Michigan Highway or Eurasian Highway will be carrying MGs.
Apparently, GWM shipped the first batch of UK-spec Ora Cats from Shanghai around the time they sailed.

Both ships will not have massive amounts on board from Shanghai.

Eurasian Highway was in Japan - moved to Shanghai on 4th August and was in dock for only 12 hours. Came out of Suez Canal yesterday and is heading for Athens (Piraeus) - Expected at Portbury on 11th September.

Michigan Highway is very similar - was in Japan and called into Shanghai for only 4 hours and is now in Suez Canal. Due into Portbury on 9th September. Would suggest that mainly loaded with Japanese cars - would not load much in 4 hours - by the time the loading ramp has opened and closed would only have a couple of hours loading.

Got a call from the dealer (WLMG Eastcote). The ship with my car should be docking on 20th Sept. Car to be available to pick up a few days after. Silver LRTC ordered in March. Assuming no dockers strike!

Got a call from the dealer (WLMG Eastcote). The ship with my car should be docking on 20th Sept. Car to be available to pick up a few days after. Silver LRTC ordered in March. Assuming no dockers strike!
I ordered the same colour and model in March through Luscombes, via Tusker and have just been informed my delivery date has been pushed back to Mid December. Reading other posts, it will be well worth the wait. Hope you enjoy the car when it arrives and happy motoring.

I ordered the same colour and model in March through Luscombes, via Tusker and have just been informed my delivery date has been pushed back to Mid December. Reading other posts, it will be well worth the wait. Hope you enjoy the car when it arrives and happy motoring.
Luscombe are telling 'new' customers that have a Silver Long Range Trophy Connect in stock and more coming soon...

Attachments

• luscombe.PNG
    luscombe.PNG
    62.8 KB · Views: 178
I went into my dealer this afternoon for an update on my ZS EV LR TC. Surprise Surprise its TBA.
He told me they had had contact from MG and they are going to supply all cars (ordered before June) by Christmas. They must have Santa working for them.
we did start to discus the MG4. He said the had 3 being delivered soon, a SE and 2 Trophy's. 1 for the showroom, 1 for demo and 1 for sale. I said if the 1 for sale was a trophy then I'd have it and sign up for it there and then. Another surprise because he said he could do that. I signed but kept the ZS on order, will cancel it when the MG4 arrives.
Now ..... Where can I get some extra dark sun glasses from ?
I am very excited. I hope it work out.

Both ships will not have massive amounts on board from Shanghai.

Eurasian Highway was in Japan - moved to Shanghai on 4th August and was in dock for only 12 hours. Came out of Suez Canal yesterday and is heading for Athens (Piraeus) - Expected at Portbury on 11th September.

Michigan Highway is very similar - was in Japan and called into Shanghai for only 4 hours and is now in Suez Canal. Due into Portbury on 9th September. Would suggest that mainly loaded with Japanese cars - would not load much in 4 hours - by the time the loading ramp has opened and closed would only have a couple of hours loading.
Maybe they made some blue TLR, 4 hours would be enough time to load all of 50.

Just had an email from my leasing company, the estimated build date for my LR is 30/01/2023. Originally ordered in March with a delivery date of July.

Any word on ships leaving in January 😅?

Maybe they made some blue TLR, 4 hours would be enough time to load all of 50.

😂 only needed a couple.

Was talking to a lady who used to load ships with cars. Said they worked in teams. She drove the minibus and there were 10 drivers. Her team would load 60 per hour. They had 5 teams so could do 300 per hour total.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom