MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

vesselfinder.com but I wouldn't count on either of those being the ones with the shipment due in two weeks as they're both still in China

Polish your car when it arrives and it will keep relatively clean. The MG ZS is very easily and quickly cleaned if you have a small step to reach the roof. And white doesn’t overheat so much in summer.

Hi what does WBAC mean ? Thank you
Sorry, WBAC is "We Buy Any Car".
There are LOADS of these sites now offering to give you a valuation on your car on-line, in 60 seconds.
WBAC and some of the others are owned by BCA ( British Car Auctions ).
The cars are feed in through these people in huge numbers.
Residual valves on good second hand cars have shot through the roof over the last six weeks.
EV's are NO exception to this rule.
There is a very low supply of EV's at the moment, this has driven the prices of second hand cars high in value.
Some owners are taking advantage of this and selling on their cars for really good money.
Dealers are struggling to match WBAC offers on EV's and therefore the normal through put via the dealerships is low.
Only tonight I have witnessed a large trade dealer buying and collecting a Fiat 500e from a private sale buyer !.
Simply because they are unable to find any stock around the country themselves.
So, the trade is buying cars on Auto Trader to sell out of their dealership.
Not the first time, no of course.
But on a almost brand new car and it was not going cheap either !.
That gives you a real idea of how short stock is right now.
Poor availability of new EV's means a lack of people wanting to trade up their older EV ??.
I can imagine this remaining the same until early 2022 to be honest.

vesselfinder.com but I wouldn't count on either of those being the ones with the shipment due in two weeks as they're both still in China
I am pretty sure that MG made its largest delivery of cars yet about 4 weeks ago ?.
It was reported in the press.
I think it had about 4 - 5 thousand cars on it !.
The ships take a very long 3 months to arrive here from China.
So, they must use other ships as well, because if the boats above are still docked in China, then the other ships that have recently left are still sailing back home to China then ????.
I have NO idea 🤷‍♂️.
Some of those cars that have recently arrived, must be going through the process at the docks by now.
The very first batch of ZS EV's that arrived here had to be programmed with the UK software etc when they hit the country.
Cars that where ordered in June / July where being delivered to the first customers around late Oct early November 2019.
My car was ordered on the 23rd of July ( first 1,000 customers ) and it arrived at the dealership ( totally unexpected ) with four other ZS EV's two weeks before Christmas.
Yeah - a LONG old wait then.
We held off on collection until 6th Jan 2020 for "First Date Of Registration" purposes.
I did not want a 2019 registered car for the sake of, less than two weeks.

I put each names into Google and the'Pheonix' is back in China and Google couldn't identify the Anji 27?
Is the Anji 27 the ship that is now returning back to China after its record number of deliveries to the U.K. ?.
I wonder if they actually cross over at some point in the trip ?.
It would make sense to have one delivering in the U.K. while the other one is being loaded in China ??????.
Pure guess work on my part 🤷.

Had exactly the same problem with my order for a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV three years ago. The dealer had no idea about delivery. I found out the details from the Shipping Agent at Portbury docks Bristol. You just need to find out the names of the transport ships that MG use.

Some completely WILD speculation here

In this article, Australia got their "Biggest Ever Shipment" from MG from this ship.

Now if you check the second link, that boat is due tomorrow in Bristol.

Before you get too excited, it says the boat belongs to Liberia, and even if it is MG, could it have gone from Aus in July, back to China, loaded and then to Bristol for 20th September?

I am a rabble rouser :cool:

In this article, Australia got their "Biggest Ever Shipment" from MG from this ship.

Before you get too excited, it says the boat belongs to Liberia, and even if it is MG, could it have gone from Aus in July, back to China, loaded and then to Bristol for 20th September?

Oooh that’s a really good spot! I don’t have a premium account to see all the port calls, but if it were the ship, it would at least line up nicely with what some of us have heard for September 16-17, 3-4 days delay is imho pretty much on point.

Oooh that’s a really good spot! I don’t have a premium account to see all the port calls, but if it were the ship, it would at least line up nicely with what some of us have heard for September 16-17, 3-4 days delay is imho pretty much on point.
Doesn't bode well for me when my LR was due "October" but now pushed back to November.

Unlikely to be on this boat especially as I ordered August

Doesn't bode well for me when my LR was due "October" but now pushed back to November.

Unlikely to be on this boat especially as I ordered August
I think cars are allocated on arrival in the U.K.
MG are the only people who know what is on that consignment.
You still could be lucky.
All this speculation reminds me of when customers where waiting for the first large batch of ZS EV’s to arrive into the country.
The dealers got the demo models first, then any remaining cars went to the first customers who put down a £500 deposit.
James of “James & Kate” fame on UTube was one of the first customers to collect their white exclusive from Miles at the Chorley group in around late Oct / early November.
Then there was a gap until they started coming through again in late November / early December.
My car arrived two weeks before Christmas and the dealer said they had NO notification of it arriving.
The transporter just turned up one morning with five ZS EV’s on the back !.
Hard to believe, but that’s what they told me when they rang.
They where handed the paperwork by the driver and they then quickly matched the cars to the customers on their list and rang them.
My car was just coming off the transporter while he was on the phone.

I have just seen the the Primrose Ace that left Shanghai on the 23 rd June went to Australia and left Australia on the 16th July. Hasn't been back to China but has called into Singpore, Yokohama etc so until there were still MG's on it, it is likely that the ship picked up other makes.

Voyage from China to UK takes 3 months.

Voyage from China to UK takes 3 months.

I ordered on 25 August and was told ship was likely arriving on October 17 + 5 days to get to dealer. When looking at the order form, the estimated delivery date is listed very optimistically as 30 September, but maybe they meant October.

Anyhow, if the boat takes 3 months and they thought it was arriving in less than a month's time, it would suggest they had knowledge of a ship that was already in transit, as opposed to one that hadn't left the port, no? Or are you suggesting they're just making it up as they go along?

ok I've just rung my dealer and the order is now showing 19 November, soooooooooooo evidently I have not escaped the delays. Fingers crossed the chips are delivered faster than expected!

Just checked Portbury For car transporter.
The current position of PRIMROSE ACE is in Bristol Channel with coordinates 51.49464° / -2.71442° as reported on 2021-09-20 20:20

Myles commented tonight on the podcast that, in addition to the big boats bringing in a couple of thousand MG at a time, they are also using any spare space on other manufacturers boats to put on extra cars. It might be only 20 or 30 cars each time but it does mean a steady stream of vehicles landing in the UK. Can only be good news.

Just been told by my dealer that a ship with 2500 MG cars has arrived in the UK, It will take a week or two to get all the cars to the dealers but he has assured me that our car, ordered at the begining of August is there. So at least some good news!

I got a further call yesterday saying MG has promised them my car by end of September, so fingers crossed!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom