MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Well, i afraid this is my signing off post.

Having ordered a Silver TCLR in March, original delivery September, then December, then Feb, I have just been told by Octopus to now expect between April and June 2023 with an expectation it will slip further. I can't wait that long. Been advised to swap for an MG4, but it was the size of vehicle that I wanted, and no other options really exist at that cost point.

So for me its back to ICE, looking at Quashqais at the weekend.

Good luck to all those still on order! I hope you get your car soon

Just ordered a Nissan quashqai n connecta glass roof automatic. seems to be some availability with certain company's did exactly same as you and jumped ship had enough of the constant changing of dates and no info . Getting delivered 19th December

I used grant at car leasing special offers brilliant company

Well, i afraid this is my signing off post.

Having ordered a Silver TCLR in March, original delivery September, then December, then Feb, I have just been told by Octopus to now expect between April and June 2023 with an expectation it will slip further. I can't wait that long. Been advised to swap for an MG4, but it was the size of vehicle that I wanted, and no other options really exist at that cost point.

So for me its back to ICE, looking at Quashqais at the weekend.

Good luck to all those still on order! I hope you get your car soon!
Being in the same boat I would check out the Mg 5 facelift which are arriving quickly.

Sad that people are switching to ICE cars. Can we not do that please?
Tried everything in my power to go electric think mg have over cooked too quickly in my eyes maybe in 3 years there won't be none of this shortage delays and it will go back to the old days of walking in and out within a week of ordering.

If I’d needed to wait over a year I’d have told MG to go fornicate themselves, completely understandable
Exactly what I would do ordered in February told delivery end of May/ June since then zero information. When I mentioned the marvel R that europe have had for the last year MG dealers never heard of it , Only a couple of grand more for a slightly bigger suv .

Tried everything in my power to go electric think mg have over cooked too quickly in my eyes maybe in 3 years there won't be none of this shortage delays and it will go back to the old days of walking in and out within a week of ordering.
I’m sure you are right then we can tell MG to shove it where the sun don’t shine

But that’s not what I was saying. Other EVs are available…
So everyone's situation is different.

For me, the MG ZS was the most affordable vehicle in the class I need (suv) with that range I need (200+) miles and even then I could only afford it because of my work salary sacrifice scheme which allowed me to lease it pre tax.

In addition I cannot charge at home, I have no off street parking. In the 9 months since I ordered, electricity prices have meant public charging costs have risen to the point where rapid charging now basically costs the same per mile as petrol, and my workplace have changed their on site charging policy from
FOC to basically charging market rate.

As much as I wanted to be more enviromentally friendly I have to think of the economics. Right now the economics don't work for me, and continuing on ICE is my only option.

Having chatted with my wife last night we have actually now decided to run our respective ICE vehicles into the ground for another year, see where the economy and interest rates are, see where charging costs are and redo the sums. Hopefully by then BEVs will make sense for us again.

So everyone's situation is different.

For me, the MG ZS was the most affordable vehicle in the class I need (suv) with that range I need (200+) miles and even then I could only afford it because of my work salary sacrifice scheme which allowed me to lease it pre tax.

In addition I cannot charge at home, I have no off street parking. In the 9 months since I ordered, electricity prices have meant public charging costs have risen to the point where rapid charging now basically costs the same per mile as petrol, and my workplace have changed their on site charging policy from
FOC to basically charging market rate.

As much as I wanted to be more enviromentally friendly I have to think of the economics. Right now the economics don't work for me, and continuing on ICE is my only option.

Having chatted with my wife last night we have actually now decided to run our respective ICE vehicles into the ground for another year, see where the economy and interest rates are, see where charging costs are and redo the sums. Hopefully by then BEVs will make sense for us again.
I don’t think buying a new car makes any economic sense.

But if you are going to do it, let’s make it zero tail pipe emissions one.

Last edited:
Apologies to all the Eco warriors out there but I didn't buy a BEV to save the planet nor to save money, although that is a bonus, I bought it simply for the way they drive.
Instant torque, no gears and a quiet relaxing drive what's not to like, I couldn't possibly go back to a smelly, noisy, ICE car after driving a BEV.
Edit: forgot to mention the convenience of filling up at home as well.

Still waiting for any kind of update for my TLR order through Tusker in early Feb. My tired old Fiesta is about ready to give up the ghost any minute now. 🙄
I’ve seen Tusker have a bunch of MG4s expected in January - think it’s a concrete date?

A relative ordered a Trophy 🏆 LR silver in March 2022 and it arrived, completely out of the blue a few days ago !.
He has collected it, but he is unable to open the passengers front door from the inside !.
It will be going back to the dealers straight away !.
The dealer has told him that they still have one customer, who is still waiting for a ZS EV facelift, that was ordered in November 2021.
The sales person called the customer and wished him Happy Birthday on his outstanding order !.
I am unclear how I would appreciate a call like this, to be honest ?.

Dare I hope for our ZS LR T in black to be delivered this side of Christmas?
Our dealer left a message over the weekend to say they were registering the car this month (only 3 days left).
They've given us a px value on our gen 1 ZS EV, but still haven't confirmed a date though...
Suddenly all go after months of nothing!
My only concern is they left that message after I emailed them, why didn't they contact me if they were about to register the car?
The dealer ordered the car in November '21 for stock, and we went in and put our deposit down in April.

I think you will be getting your car very shortly, if they have registered it !,
They did the same with my relatives car.
Just check that the price you have been offered is relative to present market value, before doing the deal ( unless you are happy with the price of course ).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom