MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Dealer says they stop making trophy connect now. Just had trophy
There was no Connect version being offered beyond 30th June 2022 (IIRC). So unless otherwise advised/agreed, if your order stated TCLR then that is what the dealer should have supplied to you.

Good luck with your new car I’m still watching the Vehicle carriers in hope
Thanks, clearly not on the Progress Ace which I expected, probably was on Grand victory which I didn't think was likley. Shows I know nothing :)
If it's any comfort this car was a canceled order from last April & I see thats when you joined the forum fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, clearly not on the Progress Ace which I expected, probably was on Grand victory which I didn't think was likley. Shows I know nothing :)
If it's any comfort this car was a canceled order from last April & I see thats when you joined the forum fingers crossed for you.
Yeah I was late joining the forum, I ordered my car last Feb so it will be a year waiting for me soon. Anyhow please post some pictures of your new car as it helps the rest of us hang in there… All the best

Update from vanarama on their orders;

If accurate it implies if you're still waiting, regardless of who you ordered with, there's a 50/50 chance you ain't getting a car...

My update from Vanarama said that of the remaining 11,000 outstanding UK orders for various incarnations of MG ZS EV's placed with MG (not just Vanarama orders), that only about 5,000 are likely to be fulfilled.
They were told there will be no SE trims fulfilled. Only Trophy trim with a mix of Long Range and Short Range and that the actual specifications and therefore potentially prices may alter.

Last edited:
Like others on here I have been watching this topic closely .l have only had my Red ZS SE LR on order from Drive Bristol since August. Was told when purchased expected delivery Jan. Now just been told it is not on the next two ships so cannot give any date. Also the interest rate will be going up to whatever it will be when the car finally arrives also the £1000 deposit contribution will no longer be honoured. So out of interest I phoned round a few dealers and have now purchased a grey MG4 trophy. Which was in stock and I will be able to pick up Saturday. So happy now but will have to go over to the MG4 forum now.

Cancelled my order now cant wait on the poor updates from the MG and the dealer so I have picked a car that on the way to the UK already. Thank you for all updates this post its seems very poor communication form MG on when or if you every get a car that's ordered.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just giving an update on my situation.
Placed my order for a black TCLR in mid-June 2022.
They told me 'Sep 2022', then 'Oct', then 'March 2023'.
Now being told Sep 2023.

Basically, the production lines for the MG4 and MG5 are much smoother and roll out wayyyy faster, and so they're focusing on that.
Sadly, the Long Range ZS EV 2022 model is like gold-dust because that specific production line is different to the MG4/5 and is so far behind that they are taking no new orders and going into Q3/Q4 2023 to deliver current orders.

After a bit of research I actually think the Standard Range 51kWh 198-mile average will be sufficient for me and my dealer has one with only 2k miles on the clock, so I'm picking that up Monday, to avoid a 15/16-month wait on my original order.

So even though I'm "jumping ship" from my original order
(you'll have to take me off the spreadsheet I guess)
I'm still going to be in an MG ZS EV 2022-reg, just a SR Trophy 130kW 51kWh battery instead of a 73kWh battery.

I have purposefully stuck it out hoping March was not far away but as MG cannot honour 2022/2021 rates and prices due to inflation, and having to wait to Sep 2023, I thought it was time to re-assess.

I purposefully looked the other way when other forum users said they cancelled their orders due to long waits, in the spirit of holding out to be worth it in the end.
Insert lemming analogy.
But the goalposts have simply moved to much since the order date, in terms of pricing and inflation.

I'll pick up my 2k-mile "2nd hand but basically new" model soon.

My advice to you guys:
if you are tired of waiting, call your dealer and ask about cancellations often.
Maybe you'll get lucky.

Because right now, unless I am mistaken, an MG ZS EV Long Range is £36,000; a stark difference to the newly released MG4 at, what, £24,995(base model)

Maybe 2nd hand is just the way to go.
Entry-level accessibility for EVs is drifting upwards, when it should be going down!

Now being told Sep 2023.

Basically, the production lines for the MG4 and MG5 are much smoother and roll out wayyyy faster, and so they're focusing on that.
Sadly, the Long Range ZS EV 2022 model is like gold-dust because that specific production line is different to the MG4/5 and is so far behind that they are taking no new orders and going into Q3/Q4 2023 to deliver current orders.

After a bit of research I actually think the Standard Range 51kWh 198-mile average will be sufficient for me and my dealer has one with only 2k miles on the clock, so I'm picking that up Monday, to avoid a 15/16-month wait on my original order.

I'm still going to be in an MG ZS EV 2022-reg, just a SR Trophy 130kW 51kWh battery instead of a 73kWh battery.

I have purposefully stuck it out hoping March was not far away but as MG cannot honour 2022/2021 rates and prices due to inflation, and having to wait to Sep 2023, I thought it was time to re-assess.

I purposefully looked the other way when other forum users said they cancelled their orders due to long waits, in the spirit of holding out to be worth it in the end.
Insert lemming analogy.
But the goalposts have simply moved to much since the order date, in terms of pricing and inflation.

My advice to you guys:
if you are tired of waiting, call your dealer and ask about cancellations often.
Maybe you'll get lucky.

Because right now, unless I am mistaken, an MG ZS EV Long Range is £36,000; a stark difference to the newly released MG4 at, what, £24,995(base model)

Entry-level accessibility for EVs is drifting upwards, when it should be going down!
Or give New car Discount a call :oops:

Now being told Sep 2023.

Insert lemming analogy.

My advice to you guys:
Maybe you'll get lucky.

Mid June 2022, would probably make it July to September this year going by the rate orders are arriving. Most people don't get their cars quickly! I've been waiting 12 months now, due to get it in March (14 Months) assuming all goes well - we know it's inbound on a ship, whether it's docked yet who knows.

Mid June 2022, would probably make it July to September this year going by the rate orders are arriving. Most people don't get their cars quickly! I've been waiting 12 months now, due to get it in March (14 Months) assuming all goes well - we know it's inbound on a ship, whether it's docked yet who knows.
Maybe I'm wrong but cars do appear to be coming through in some sort of logical order now.
Most delivered now are around January 2022 orders. That gives me some optimism for my March order.

I've been lurking on this forum to keep up to date with delivery updates. I ordered a black Trophy LR in April last year through the Tusker salary sacrifice scheme. My account has been showing a delivery date for mid-April for months and "on order awaiting build slot" forever.

However - today the status has changed to "Released from factory"! That's good... isn't it? I only logged on to look for an alternative car, having decided to give up. Anyone got any clue how long it takes from now? Just had to spend £500 keeping my old Ford running.

Maybe I'm wrong but cars do appear to be coming through in some sort of logical order now.
Most delivered now are around January 2022 orders. That gives me some optimism for my March order.
I've been lurking on this forum to keep up to date with delivery updates. I ordered a black Trophy LR in April last year through the Tusker salary sacrifice scheme. My account has been showing a delivery date for mid-April for months and "on order awaiting build slot" forever.

However - today the status has changed to "Released from factory"! That's good... isn't it? I only logged on to look for an alternative car, having decided to give up. Anyone got any clue how long it takes from now? Just had to spend £500 keeping my old Ford running.
There appears to be many or differing statuse reported. If yours is “released from factory” I assume the next status will be “manufacturers country” which means it is awaiting shipping. this was the status I had a few weeks ago.

Maybe. They are Tusker made up statuses from what I remember.

I think mine was a couple of months after I had that status it arrived.

Judging by my faded rear warranty sticker and the fact there was virtually no new car smell, I guess mine sat in factory car park for a long time before it made it onto a ship...

Who knows?

I’m on the same scheme - I’d phone whoever the dealer is as they’ll have more detailed updates - Tusker’s updates can be quite generic.

My dealer Brighton MG have bumped me up the list onto a cancelled order dated 12/2021. But still no real delivery date. I need to sell house first anyway. They have 2 MG4s in stock - see my post of yesterday in that forum.

I've tried that with my order through Novuna and the dealer knows sod all
I contacted the dealer that Tusker nominated and got this reply: "Your vehicle has been built and has an estimated delivery date to dealer of 20/04. The latest anticipated delivery date to you is 27/04."
3 months to get here! I guess they're driving it over.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom