• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I have a LR SE Black on order through Octopus Salary Sacrifice. I am being told November 16th, so fingers crossed. Already been pushed back from the start of Sept!
I ordered a grey Trophy LR on the 22nd March through Octopus. Delivery was stated as 30th June, then mid July, then beginning of September. Then they scrapped a delivery date and gave me a window of October to December of 2022.

Well I emailed them on 28th September asking for an update and was told my car was scheduled for delivery on 3rd October.
Of course I’m thrilled it’s on the way finally and start prepping to sell my current diesel car.

Well it’s the 7th October, I haven’t heard back from Octopus and I don’t have a EV in my driveway.

I’ll jump on chasing again next week, but it’s a bit ridiculous that my deliver date passed and they didn’t even bother to be in touch with me.

I ordered a grey Trophy LR on the 22nd March through Octopus. Delivery was stated as 30th June, then mid July, then beginning of September. Then they scrapped a delivery date and gave me a window of October to December of 2022.

Well I emailed them on 28th September asking for an update and was told my car was scheduled for delivery on 3rd October.
Of course I’m thrilled it’s on the way finally and start prepping to sell my current diesel car.

Well it’s the 7th October, I haven’t heard back from Octopus and I don’t have a EV in my driveway.

I’ll jump on chasing again next week, but it’s a bit ridiculous that my deliver date passed and they didn’t even bother to be in touch with me.
I'm in the same boat unless I message I don't get any info,and it's hit and miss if I even get a response from Chorley nissan mg

same as what I ordered way back in December, dealer put the order in at the end of January, as for your dealership, the only thing I ever got from them was a coffee the first time I turned up…and they’ve given you a window..😳😂😂😂😂

I know, I need to get out more…or get a car soon..you’ll miss me when I’m gone..ok, maybe not..

Last edited:
For those of you who have been waiting in excess of ten months for a ZS, is it that only an. SUV will do? Or is it just an economical BEV you are after? Should this be the latter, are any of you still not willing to swap to an MG4, with a much better chance of getting one before Hell freezes over?

As the ZS is soon to be replaced with the MSP, would it not be a good idea to get an MG4 for a short period of time, then part ex for a new MSP - ZS in early 2024?

genuinely interested in the die hard members who still keep clinging on to getting a ZS before Christmas.

For those of you who have been waiting in excess of ten months for a ZS, is it that only an. SUV will do? Or is it just an economical BEV you are after? Should this be the latter, are any of you still not willing to swap to an MG4, with a much better chance of getting one before Hell freezes over?

As the ZS is soon to be replaced with the MSP, would it not be a good idea to get an MG4 for a short period of time, then part ex for a new MSP - ZS in early 2024?

genuinely interested in the die hard members who still keep clinging on to getting a ZS before Christmas.
I’m die in the wool waiting for a ZS, don’t like the MG4, said before the boot is too small for my needs, so what about an MG5 I hear you ask?..I could swap for one of them, as the boot wouldn’t be a problem, I play golf so need a big boot to get two lots of clubs in and two trolleys, me and my mates (I also like to leave my clubs in overnight, seats up, cover them over and take them out the next day, as I’m knacked after playing) but the two, ok three things that sold the ZS EV to me, were (1) I loved the panoramic sun roof (2) the price of it(3) the big boot and I’d say in that order, if the ZS didn’t come with the sun roof, I may have looked else where or at the MG5....hope that answers your question..

For me manly down to price 28k for a LR trophy with pano roof can’t get anything else near that price

I’m die in the wool waiting for a ZS, don’t like the MG4, said before the boot is too small for my needs, so what about an MG5 I hear you ask?..I could swap for one of them, as the boot wouldn’t be a problem, I play golf so need a big boot to get two lots of clubs in and two trolleys, me and my mates (I also like to leave the my clubs in overnight, seats up, cover them over and take them out the next day, as I’m knacked after playing) but the two, ok three things that sold the ZS EV to me, were (1) I loved the panoramic sun roof (2) the way it drove (3) the big boot and I’d say in that order, if the ZS didn’t come with the sun roof, I may have looked else where or at the MG5..I guess I could say number 4, the price of it and what you get for that price..hope that answers your question..
Certainly does doc…..horse’s for course’s.

I was just wondering if some members we being bloody minded, but I know that some are not.

I do miss my SUV (evoque and latterly a cross-over C-HR) but loving my 4…hence my question.

No longer play golf, so I guess an easy punt 😁

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Hi Dundee .. Received my MG ZS EV Essence on the 20th Sept 2022 from MG dealer in the northern suburbs here in Victoria OZ !. Been waiting since March 2022. Also got $3,000 off due to the government EV grant. Plus $1,000 less as MG dropped there price to match another imported EV. Drive away at $45,600 + $1,000 deposit back in March.

I was waiting for posts like this.

We've had a few with orders March or younger where people have said 'Dealer says it will be here on specific date X'.

I would be highly sceptical about claims of specific dates if your order is less than 7-8 months old, unless you have got a cancellation or something.

I think we've answered you before on this one.

For some it's not this specific car. If I had a choice I would have another Ioniq 38kwh.

This was the best deal at the time. Everything else is too expensive now on lease.

It's this or nothing.

Not sure where you are getting the 'by Christmas' thing from...? What's Christmas got to do with it?

Got a text from my dealer yesterday saying MG are providing a major update next week regarding delivery dates. Dealer says they will be in touch with me around middle of next week.

This is the first time in 9 months that the dealer has contacted me first (Although to be fair I probably don’t give them chance as I am always on their case 😂)

Anyone else heard about an MG update?

same as what I ordered way back in December, dealer put the order in at the end of January, as for your dealership, the only thing I ever got from them was a coffee the first time I turned up…and they’ve given you a window..😳😂😂😂😂

I know, I need to get out more…or get a car soon..you’ll miss me when I’m gone..ok, maybe not..
It's so weird @DrJohnny Fever I ordered mine 4th December same model as you.... Same colour..... Same Spec and I've had mine since 9th July.....

I really don't understand 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just received a call from today. My ZSLR, red, ALSO ordered 04/12/2021, will be with them apparently on 20th October. I am booked to pick up on 21st October. I do not even know to be excited or not yet. Can things get delayed even from this point onwards?
One practical question: for payment, they said they will share a link and I can pay online/mobile. Is this a normal method for dealerships?

Just received a call from today. My ZSLR, red, ALSO ordered 04/12/2021, will be with them apparently on 20th October. I am booked to pick up on 21st October. I do not even know to be excited or not yet. Can things get delayed even from this point onwards?
One practical question: for payment, they said they will share a link and I can pay online/mobile. Is this a normal method for dealerships?
I would say it's definite no no regards payment and only pay direct at the dealer when collecting car.

Good question! We were going to get the 5, but when a price was finally released here in Portugal it was more expensive than the ZS - they hadn't opened the order book either, so we plumped for the ZS as we are currently hanging on with a old banger.... yeah - it's still hanging on, thankfully! So, price was our main driver and still is and, as it turns out, the area we are in has lots of unpaved roads, so hopefully the ZS will be better anyway (he tells himself!).

The other reason for hanging on is the fear that we'd just be joining the back of anotheer queue at a higher price - better the devil you know, I suppose.

Hey ho - the shipping update is that we are all in the same boat.....

Yes things can still get delayed I'm still waiting even though the car was registered 2-3 weeks ago I've asked if they've lost it to get no reply 🙃

I think Santander have it set up to do everything by sending you a link to your email. They were going to do that with me, but they had problems finding my address so I had to go in and do it on a paper form.

Mines with octopus too, same car and very similar timelines. I had an update to say to say it was due 2nd week of September then a few days to the dealer etc. now they have updated to say the chassis number matches to my order, now showing as unknown - so back to nov/dec. I wouldn’t sell your car yet!!

My take on it; it’s out of my control. When it comes in they’ll let me know, the ETA is pointless.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom