• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

So I've paid for the car + accessories and it's been registered in my name but the dealer is claiming they still haven't had the truck deliver it and it'll be another 2 weeks

I have been told by MG direct that my car is made and should be with me second week in December so not long now.
If it does arrive in the second week of December 2022.
Would it be worth holding off registering the car for two weeks, until the beginning of the new year in 2023 ?.
Same 72 reg on the plate granted, but it will be a 2023 first registered car instead of a 2022 car on the V5.
The very same thing happened to us way back in 2019 when our ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) suddenly arrived 10 days before Christmas.
We had it registered on the collect day, which was the 3rd January 2020.
Car was latter valued and sold two years latter, as a first date of registration car as 2020.
Ten days difference, can make the car appear another year older at the time of sale, if you get my meaning.
Dealers tend to value cars, based on their “first date of registration” and less on the ident number on the plate.
Not so the buying public.

Hi all, has anyone orders a ZS EV via a work car scheme? My OG delivery date was given as 'between 1st - 28th November'... All MG are saying to my supplier is that they are 'in transit' but can't give a date!

I just asked to know the dealership and was told no 🤣
I don't get this.

All the lease cars I have had, the dealer has contacted me directly to confirm the order details at the point of order.

They'll be making the delivery, so I don't see the negative side for the lease company. It's less work for them.

I don't get this.

All the lease cars I have had, the dealer has contacted me directly to confirm the order details at the point of order.

They'll be making the delivery, so I don't see the negative side for the lease company. It's less work for them.
Same here, I got an email from the dealer at the point of ordering to confirm the spec.
I get regular updates (telling me nothing tbh) from the fleet co and the dealer if I ask them.

Same here, I got an email from the dealer at the point of ordering to confirm the spec.
I get regular updates (telling me nothing tbh) from the fleet co and the dealer if I ask them.
This maybe due to the fact my order was through Octopus's salary sacrifice scheme?? From what I gather from previous posts and until recently my order, most Octopus orders have no contact with the dealer.

So, the new Trophy ZS EV in red I ordered from new-car-discounts on 10th October is due for delivery on Friday.

Sold the old 1st Gen ZS EV this morning to Cazoo for £1000 less than what I paid for it three years ago!
That’s brilliant just short of £28 a month over the 3 years can’t be bad.

This maybe due to the fact my order was through Octopus's salary sacrifice scheme?? From what I gather from previous posts and until recently my order, most Octopus orders have no contact with the dealer.
Our company originally went with Octopus (signed up around June/July this year) - but were then told the ZS EV wouldn't arrive until June 2023...
We switched to the Electric Car Scheme (who are essentially a broker) and ordered one through them via Voltric. Original delivery was supposed to be by 28th Nov. Now we're just in limbo and no one can give me any actual dates!

So, the new Trophy ZS EV in red I ordered from new-car-discounts on 10th October is due for delivery on Friday.

Sold the old 1st Gen ZS EV this morning to Cazoo for £1000 less than what I paid for it three years ago!
Yep, well done, and I bet you paid a lot less through NCD than through dealer. Mine was delivered on time to my door on a trailer, complete with both charging cables and mats.

Mine was not Octopus, but was a Salary sacrifice lease provider.

So must be a an Octopus thing.

Yep, well done, and I bet you paid a lot less through NCD than through dealer. Mine was delivered on time to my door on a trailer, complete with both charging cables and mats.
Fingers crossed, will report here tomorrow! But so far, NCD experience has been very good.

Incidentally, Cazoo gave me a much better valuation than webuyanycar and another one I checked. Probably worth noting for those who are interested in selling. Also, they have some high-end repair gear, so chipped alloys are zero problem, which I was really worried about.

Christmas has finally come early , had a call from my MG dealer this morning to day my
MG ZS EV trophy connect in monument silver has been delivered to them this morning.
they said I can collect on Monday.
I ordered it on the 19th January this year order number 3000079###
it seems like a batch of Silver cars must have been made and shipped at the same time as I noticed on here a lot of silvers have been posted.
once I pick her up will post some photographs , in the mean time i sincerely hope those of you who have waited longer than me get some good news very soon or at least a genuine update.
I did pester MG UK with several emails and get the same reply as everyone else car is on shortage , it just so happens the last email I got from them several weeks ago shocked me by saying car had been built and on a ship working it’s way to the dealership and estimated delivery to me would be second week in December.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom