• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

dundee1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Semi conductor factory fire that makes ~70% of global supply had a very large fire. Production halted. This means your car might be delayed by 6 to 12 months.

Semi conductor factory fire that makes ~70% of global supply had a very large fire. Production halted. This means your car might be delayed by 6 to 12 months.
Hi Paul , there was a fire in the factory? They told us we could only get a white one ? Garage says ours in meant to be on the boat now we ordered on 27th August ? Thank you

The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about .
It was the same with my dealer, with our first Gen 1 model.
To be honest, I don't think they have any idea.
Ordered the car on-line on 23rd July ( 2019 ) and it arrived at the dealership, two weeks before Xmas.
I rang them about 3 times over that period, never got the same answer on dates from any one of the calls.
They never rang me once, until the day it arrived.
And they openly admitted they had no idea it was coming, until four ZS EV's all turned up at the same time !.
Black / White / Red ( mine ) and one in blue.
They had all been collected when I turned up for mine on the 4th of Jan 2020.
I am STILL waiting for the follow up call from the sales department, to see if we are happy with our purchase.
That was almost two years ago now, so I don't expect they will ring now 🤷‍♂️ .
Poor customer service - once again !.
They must be really rushed off their feet in the first week in January - NOT !.

Last edited:
It was the same with my dealer.
To be honest, I don't think they have any idea.
Ordered the car on-line on 23rd July ( 2019 ) and it arrived at the dealership, two weeks before Xmas.
I rang them about 3 times over that period, never got the same answer on dates from any one of the calls.
They never rang me once, until the day it arrived.
And they openly admitted they had no idea it was coming, until four ZS EV's all turned up at the same time !.
Black / White / Red ( mine ) and one in blue.
They had all been collected when I turned up for mine on the 4th of Jan 2020.
I am STILL waiting for the follow up call from the sales department, to see if we are happy with our purchase.
That was almost two years ago now, so I don't expect they will ring now 🤷‍♂️ .
Poor customer service - once again !.
They must be really rushed off their feet in the first week in January - NOT !.
Absolutely shocking ..once they sell the car ... i need vin number or reg number to get charging point installed they also can't give me that ... another hold up as can't apply for grant for ev at home charger :(

now due to all the hold up i'll have to Mot and Insure my own car next week thats meant to be getting traded in for brand new mg as they said car should have arrived before my cars mot was due .

Last edited:
now due to all the hold up i'll have to Mot and Insure my car next week .
The car insurance is not that bad, just a bit more "Faff" you could do without.
But the MOT is a real pain !.
If it throws up any issues, you are knackered.
Spending money on a car you should not even own by now.
What about people tied into a lease or PCP deal that is coming to an end ?.
Maybe they would let you extended the lease, but with a PCP it has to go back I think.
I sold my car privately in the October and we used my wife's car until the ZS EV arrived in late December.
But of course not everybody can do this !.
It is my understanding that the cars are not allocated to there respected dealers, until they have left the boat.
If this is so, this would explain why they do not have any of delivery dates ???.

The car insurance is not that bad, just a bit more "Faff" you could do without.
But the MOT is a real pain !.
If it throws up any issues, you are knackered.
Spending money on a car you should not even own by now.
What about people tied into a lease or PCP deal that is coming to an end ?.
Maybe they would let you extended the lease, but with a PCP it has to go back I think.
I sold my car privately in the October and we used my wife's car until the ZS EV arrived in late December.
But of course not everybody can do this !.
It is my understanding that the cars are not allocated to there respected dealers, until they have left the boat.
If this is so, this would explain why they do not have any of delivery dates ???.
very strange we could only have a white one , didnt get a choice of colours ? its holding up home ev charger aswell .. can't get any info ... garage definately said should be here middle september which we said thats fine wont need to reinsure or mot my existing car ... frustrating ...

I'm sure there are other dealers with stock if you can travel. Look on Autotrader, Luscombes MG in Leeds is advertising so there must be others with stock.

very strange we could only have a white one , didnt get a choice of colours ? its holding up home ev charger aswell .. can't get any info ... garage definately said should be here middle september which we said thats fine wont need to reinsure or mot my existing car ... frustrating ...
Luckily White is by far the best color. It shows the very nice shapes of the car. With the colors you can’t see the curves

Hi
i was having tea with my sales person last weekend and we kept get interrupted by phone call for people looking for new cars and each time he was giving a possible date December for next shipmen Depending on the car.

Luckily White is by far the best color. It shows the very nice shapes of the car. With the colors you can’t see the curves
Like with washing machines etc. :LOL:
Another advantage though is it's also the cheapest to buy (y)

Hi
i was having tea with my sales person last weekend and we kept get interrupted by phone call for people looking for new cars and each time he was giving a possible date December for next shipmen Depending on the car.
is that for mg ?

I'm sure there are other dealers with stock if you can travel. Look on Autotrader, Luscombes MG in Leeds is advertising so there must be others with stock.
Thing is i've paid a deposit they definately said we would have the car the middle of September nothing about they were getting shipped in on a boat , we were under the impression the cars they had as it was supposedly limited numbers were already here ..... Thank you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom